An evening on the Wharfe

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice steady flow, lots of Minnows about, and a couple of fish topping.
There's a fallen Willow branch on the opposite bank which is scream for me to cast to it, but the overhanging tree on this side just doesn't give me enough room...

2021-07-0919.26.077348280283188827057.jpg

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Looks bob on that Dave, just one thing missing. ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No excuses needed for an evenings fishing ...

Now if I said an evenings catching I'd need an excuse 😆

Seen a Kingfisher darting back and forwards along the far side, it keeps making regular trips

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I called it at 10:00pm as the light was going and it started to rain - had lots of Minnows attacking the bait, in fact the tips were quivering like Peter's bottom lip when he has to part with a nugget :D as they stripped the bait on a regular basis.

Worm on one with a large maggot feeder to try to feed the blighters off, and luncheon meat on the other, again with a large maggot feeder but they even nibbled away at that :)

Plan of action #2 - hard baits and hemp and paste in cage feeders to act as an attractant without feeding, but first I'm going to take Winston for a recce down the length to see what the rest of the swims are like.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
@Dave give the barble rods a rest and the stick float rods out, if you've the right sort of fish available, that sort of pace looks spot on for some hemp n tare.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I called it at 10:00pm as the light was going and it started to rain - had lots of Minnows attacking the bait, in fact the tips were quivering like Peter's bottom lip when he has to part with a nugget :D as they stripped the bait on a regular basis.

Worm on one with a large maggot feeder to try to feed the blighters off, and luncheon meat on the other, again with a large maggot feeder but they even nibbled away at that :)

Plan of action #2 - hard baits and hemp and paste in cage feeders to act as an attractant without feeding, but first I'm going to take Winston for a recce down the length to see what the rest of the swims are like.
So basically ….. you blanked ? 🙄 Think you need Winston by your side. Peter should get another nugget for that 🙄🤣🤣

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
TBF a fish would have been a bonus added on to a pleasant evening sat by the river watching the wild life, birds and Kingfisher, feeding the hordes of Minnows at my feet, and not seeing another soul apart from a couple of walkers through the trees on the far side.
I'm interested in catching a big Wharfe Bertie, they're in the river but locating them is another issue. There are places I know where I can catch a few small ones but they're banked for a confidence boost if required ;)