An early start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan heaphurst

Arrived at Bath Pool 4-45am ish. Fish were topping, splashing and grubbing around in the bottom, could hardly wait to get the gear together.I figured that this pool having a close season, as it does, the fish would be starving and ready to throw themselves at anything resembling food.
I set up of the lillies and waited, and waited, and waited. Eventually the float dips away and a little Common, F1 maybe comes protesting into the net.Good, methinks, keep a bit of feed going in and I can have a good morning with these. Alas not to be, four more Commons and a small Tench make their way to my landing net.Come 10-00 and I couldn't buy a bite. It is then that Stan fishing next to me tells me that all the close season he has been feeding the fish in Bath pool, twice a week with mini pellets. Oh well, the best laid plans of mice and men sometimes go awry.
As Lymm Dam is just down the way, I decided to have a couple of hours on there. Glad I did, thirty odd Roach from the top/mid water was not bad result for my efforts.
All fish today caught on maggots of varying hues.Packed Up when the rain stated to get serious about midday, home for a kip and the match tonight.

biggs

Always nice to read of your escapades mr heaphurst....bet you didnt enjoy the match though.[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.