An artistic eye anyone?

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Bought this lovely print for the mrs but l'm a bit stuck what colour frame to put on it. Light oak to go with the livingroom fittings and furniture or something else and.......... see l'm waffling, dont have a scooby. Any ideas?

IMG_20220804_094210.jpg

IMG_20220804_094123.jpg

nejohn

Site Supporter
I would go black or very dark on that print as it would accentuate the picture better. Maybe with a thin paler inlay. But I think a pale frame would not do the print justice

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
depends on where you hang it surely? go to consider the surroundings of where it is on that wall and room and teh colours of the floor, wall, carpets, other things, pillows and chairs, everything lol

Do you want it to blend in, or stand out? be the focal point as you enter the room? matt finish or shiny finish to match other things or reflect light if you want it to grab attention.................got to consider the full environment not just one bit of it i think

some designers say pic a frame to match a shade of the painting as well if you want to blend it, really need to decide if in your face or blend in first i think

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'd go for a matt colour, black or white would do, but personally I'd go for a Hammershoi esque grey.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Something that is chunky and will burn well when you can't pay your heating bills..
If you leave it there its ready to hand as well. 👍

Total

Site Supporter
If it's not a surprise or a present for Mrs Godber ask your good Lady herself what colour frame she would like the print in....(y)....You can thank me later.....

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I think black would kill the impact of the dark tree in the photo contrasting with its surroundings.
Perhaps a matt silver or brushed aluminium frame?

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Some of the online picture frame sites let you upload a pic and view it in a selection of frames prior to buying. Might be worth a look. (y)

Browner

Site Supporter
I would suggest looking at the current decor of the room you are thinking of hanging the picture and then either match the frame to suit any other frames or go the complete opposite to create a feature that will stand out and catch the eye. Loads of online site that will make frame at a reasonable price in virtually any colour or style.

baboboy

Site Supporter
Make sure you get is behind UV protected glass if your going to hang it near sunlight. Will stop it fading.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Similar one here. From the Range, needs to be simple and a muted colour.
1659645485490.jpeg

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Cheers folks, took all your ideas to the framer at the local art gallery. He had a look and we tried a few bits of different coloured frame up against it. A very dark matt slate grey was the result.
Going to get a couple more of these Pembrokeshire prints for my mrs, the county of her birth and where we both did so much walking before she became ill. A little bit of 'home' for her to look at and remember the good days.
Much appreciated folks👍