An Accident Waiting to Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
We often read of pole floats embedded in anglers' hands, but I'm still shuddering thinking about an incident during our match yesterday.

One of the guys cast his feeder straight into a willow bush on an island 40 yards distant.

Rather than trying to "tease" it out, he yanked at it, and it was well and truly stuck.

He swept the rod backwards over his head, a branch snapped, and that feeder came back at him like a bullet.

He ducked. The feeder was one of those lead-nosed missile type method things, and it brushed under his nose, shot through the gap between his legs and drilled a neat hole in his new box.

Six inches higher.. well it doesn't bear thinking about. [:(]

Others were waving poles around at the height of a thunderstorm which was very close to us.

Take care, guys. SOMEBODY loves you ![:)]

tomgriffin

Originally posted by pleasurenut

Take care, guys. SOMEBODY loves you ![:)]

LOL, my mum warned me about folk like you [:D]

But it is scary, my mate and I were carping and he cast it into the bank of a clay island and just started yanking it and the lead eventually ended up smacking his right testicle [:0] [:D] i told him to tease it out but no [:(]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by tomgriffin

the lead eventually ended up smacking his right testicle [:0] [:D] i told him to tease it out but no [:(]

Errr... Why would you tell him to tease his right testicle out ? [:0]

Sorry, couldn't resist. Serious subject. [:I]

Ady

Formerly Adymon
My mate used to have a 10m pole which reached the island on one small pond we used to fish, he managed to get a snag (i dont know how though ha), he pulled back and the bristle went for him at speed right towards his face, he had to sacrifice his hand though went in about 2cm [:O]

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
Puzzle... are fishermen mad!!!! If lightening strikes within miles of a golf course it is cleared so why are fishing matches not postponed in the same conditions?

neneangling

When i was younger, a lad i used to fish with in the juniors was killed by a lightning strike to his pole, not worth the risk, first sign of lightning pack up or wait it out

Status
Not open for further replies.