An Absolute Bargain

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Yeah I’ve very rarely got anything from AD online as like you say they rarely have stock and service is touch and go at best. Bobco along with matchman supplies are miles ahead as online retailers 👍🏻
Angling Direct stock levels are awful at the moment. Bobco are better. I like Benwicks and Matchman Supplies. The only problem with Matchman, is there stock levels aren't shown or live. So you place an order and then get a text message telling you it's out of stock. But they do suggest alternatives where possible.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Angling Direct stock levels are awful at the moment. Bobco are better. I like Benwicks and Matchman Supplies. The only problem with Matchman, is there stock levels aren't shown or live. So you place an order and then get a text message telling you it's out of stock. But they do suggest alternatives where possible.
Yeah that’s a good point on matchman bit of a pain that. They are generally pretty quick to respond if you send them an email checking stock though. Only used benwick as a couple times I think but they’ve seemed decent as well.

Russamg

Everything i look at bobco is out of stock at the moment , I want either a map 36 with the trolley or extras or Preston absolute , neither in stock grrrr. I want to pay half and use finance otherwise Matchman seem to have them.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Everything i look at bobco is out of stock at the moment , I want either a map 36 with the trolley or extras or Preston absolute , neither in stock grrrr. I want to pay half and use finance otherwise Matchman seem to have them.
I'm trying to get hold of one of Browning's new Xitan Keeper Rod Holdalls at the moment. Bob Co have told me that the earliest they are expected is March at least. I'll keep checking as this piece of luggage is ideal to replace my old Shakespeare gear

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Well it's arrived and it's a very nice little rod for the price. With the quivertips being 2, 3 and 4 oz it will be good for commercials and close in on larger venues, and small rivers. Maybe not so good for silvers on a pond, as the 2oz tip might be a bit too stiff. The float top looks like it will be good for heavy floatfishing and pellet waggler.

MrTencherson

I've been using a tfgear compact all rounder for the last couple of years, I mainly use it as a 10foot feeder, its got lots of grunt for big angry carp on commies. Used it at 8ft on tiny snake lakes for carp up to 10lbs and excelled at that too.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it's not a 2 piece so can't put it in a ready rod bag.

Its a good little rod I Defford had my moneys worth out of it. Sad to see tfgear being wound down.

Al

RiggersSW

Always loved TF Gear stuff and never understood the hate they received online a lot of the time. Sad to see the company winding down. Owned everything from their clothing to multiple rods of theirs, and their groundbait was the best I've ever used. My favourite rod by them by far was the compact all rounder, an excellent feeder rod. As others have said a bit too heavy for silvers float fishing but the float top makes an excellent ledger rod or carp float rod. If anyone sees these up for sale second hand I'd pick one up, it's so useful in almost every situation.