Amount of tackle

Have we been programmed into taking to much tackle with us

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Pictured is all take with me terminal tackle wise when I go on my little boat or when I go away with my dad in his campervan. It’s about a quarter down on contents at the moment due to becoming a bit of a donor to my main gear tackle box recently (which itself is no more than twice the size) but it does show how little you can take.

Attachments

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The reel is an Allcock's Popular 3.5" and the rod is an 8' fly blank in split cane repurposed to coarse work by a friendly rod builder I know... it's called The Wally Wizard, the river in the background is the River Wallington, the rod was specially made for a gudgeon hunting trip that occurs yearly

Backwoodsman

The reel is an Allcock's Popular 3.5" and the rod is an 8' fly blank in split cane repurposed to coarse work by a friendly rod builder I know... it's called The Wally Wizard, the river in the background is the River Wallington, the rod was specially made for a gudgeon hunting trip that occurs yearly
Thanks for the info. On the subject of tackle, mullocks have an extremely interesting auction down in ludlow this month. If you google mullocks you will be able to download the catalogue . There is an excellent range of rods ,reels, books etc etc

Arry

Site Supporter
I have more than enough old tackle and a shedload of books (always a sucker for a book) but thanks for the heads up...
if you are interested, there is a vintage tackle sale in Romsey fairly soon.. I usually go but cash is tight this month

Backwoodsman

I have more than enough old tackle and a shedload of books (always a sucker for a book) but thanks for the heads up...
if you are interested, there is a vintage tackle sale in Romsey fairly soon.. I usually go but cash is tight this month
i am the same as you, have a mountain of fishing, shooting, game keeping books. Thanks for the romsey info, bit too far for me as I am in North Yorkshire. In fact ludlow is a 3 hour drive for me ,couple of center pin reels look good. Trouble is if somebody gets auction fever and over bids the bargain you thought you were getting doesn’t stack Up .The 20% auction fee plus vat also is the sting in the tail.

Arry

Site Supporter
There is an antiques tackle show in Redditch in may too

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
All depends if I can use 4oz leads and launch them into your margin swim. 😉

Arry

Site Supporter
You'd best stand at least 100 yeards back from the river then...🤣

bryan white

Site Supporter
I miss the days of opening my grey plastic float box and randomly selecting an improper float for the circumstances because it looked good, add a few bb’s , cast it out and wait with excited trepidation

Arry

Site Supporter
I miss the days of opening my grey plastic float box and randomly selecting an improper float for the circumstances because it looked good, add a few bb’s , cast it out and wait with excited trepidation
Don't we all... in fact I still do it occasionally