American Football

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Any other NFL fans on here? Im a huge Steelers fan and we have had a season to remember so far (dont want to jinx it!), usually go to the US this time of year so i can catch a couple of lives games and then a few more in the sports bars.

We have the Jags this weekend you are 1 and 8 so should be 10 and 0 by the end of the weekend!

Love Redzone on a sunday, 7+hrs of football, no adverts, all the action from all the games.

DomCrtr1975

An Idiot looking for his Village!
Yep, Grew up in East Anglia when USAF were stationed all across it - USAF Upwood was at the end of the road; one of the neighbours was an A-10 pilot.

He supported the LA Rams, and would invite the family over for BBQ's and the game (not that the folks knew what it was about!) so been a Ram's fan since the late 80's.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I do like all the carry one that goes with it but just can’t get into the actual game myself. Think it comes from being a rugby fan though as that’s kind of what I compare it to and it seems a bit meh by comparison.

Would like to see it live though as reckon that could change my perspective a bit 👍🏻

squimp

Site Supporter
First down and second down are the names of two famous swims at Savay lake.

I used to watch it (on C4 ?) in the days of William Perry - the refrigerator.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Strangely this year I can't get into it. I have followed it to some degree since I used to listen to American Forces radio broadcasts of games late on Sunday nights. Way before we got TV coverage. Been to two Dolphin games in Miami, one while on honeymoon. Also been to a couple at Wembley.

Thanksgiving on Thursday so I will be watching the Lions game. As I have relatives in Detroit they have to be my team, despite their poor record. One day, maybe one day .....

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I got into NFL when I was 12, my team was the Bears, Super Bowl XX they beat the Pats 48-10, the era of William Perry, Walter Payton, Shaun Gayle, Jim McMahon.

More recently, we have visited Florida pretty much every year for the last 10 years, always try to get to the Raymond James for a Bucs game if the fixtures fall right.

Sunday nights are invariably spent watching RedZone with a bottle of red, quality coverage.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
More recently, we have visited Florida pretty much every year for the last 10 years, always try to get to the Raymond James for a Bucs game if the fixtures fall right.

I’ve also been to Florida a lot in my time and have always wanted to go see the Raymond James from the inside as it does look pretty impressive from the tampa airport rental car multi story car park 😂 My sister went to USF for a year and I think went to a couple college games there but I’ve never been.

I have been to the Tropicana field to watch the rays though. Brilliant stadium and great atmosphere in the pre and post match bars outside but my god baseball is boring to watch 😅

I’ve had a nosy around the Amalie arena where the lighting play and the AL Lang where the rowdies play as well, wouldn’t mind going to watch either of them.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I’ve also been to Florida a lot in my time and have always wanted to go see the Raymond James from the inside as it does look pretty impressive from the tampa airport rental car multi story car park 😂 My sister went to USF for a year and I think went to a couple college games there but I’ve never been.

I have been to the Tropicana field to watch the rays though. Brilliant stadium and great atmosphere in the pre and post match bars outside but my god baseball is boring to watch 😅

I’ve had a nosy around the Amalie arena where the lighting play and the AL Lang where the rowdies play as well, wouldn’t mind going to watch either of them.
It’s an amazing stadium, the view is great from anywhere, and the pirate ship that fires cannons whenever the Bucs score is a sight to behold.

re baseball, I love that as well, been to the Oakland stadium for the A’s vs SF Giants a few years ago, and Citifield for NY Mets vs Phillie more recently. It’s a great game when you get into it.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
im a NY Mets fan and been lucky enough to go to many games in NYC, did plan to go and watch NYM @ Brewers in Milwaukee this year but Covid stopped that plan, shame as i love little breweries and Milwaukee is full of them!

Shame my steelers game got cancelled last night (may be cancelled sunday as well) but Lions @ Texans was one entertaining game from the scoring side, the defense was pretty terrible at time lol

Ive always wanted to go to teh MLB spring league in Florida, looks pretty awesome with all the teams up and down the coast

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
last seats i had, first at Heinz field in 2018 and Citifield in 2017 (i think), even got on TV both times lol

1606469838845.png 1606469999905.png

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
2015 as well, watched Noah pitch and wow!!! wonderful seat and met some great people that day

1606470238829.png

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Watched quite a few games at Wembley over the years, but getting tickets is really difficult now that the touts have moved in. Not sure I'll see many more if they move to the Spurs ground - it's a pain in the bum to get to compared to Wembley.

We've had some varied seats over the years. This was front row... very exciting when there was a last second two point conversion going on right in front of us.

20181021_142947.jpg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It’s an amazing stadium, the view is great from anywhere, and the pirate ship that fires cannons whenever the Bucs score is a sight to behold.

re baseball, I love that as well, been to the Oakland stadium for the A’s vs SF Giants a few years ago, and Citifield for NY Mets vs Phillie more recently. It’s a great game when you get into it.
Yeah I can imagine the canons are pretty cool!

Just couldn’t get into the baseball was too slow and repetitive. Would have helped if the ground was full but it was a midweek nothing game so only half full at best. Pre match experience was epic though haha

As for those mentioning rugby league that’s just a pale imitation of union. Can’t be that hard can they if they can’t push in scrums, compete at the breakdown and string more than 5 tackles together 😉

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
talking of pre-game, when i went to Pittsburgh in 2018 i picked a area just off a long strip of 12 bars, with 2 well known Steelers bars and walking distance to everything in town and the stadium. So i landed, dumped my stuff in the AirB&B and 3 minutes walk to the best known Steelers bar.

Was only 4pm on a Wednesday but busy as hell, sat down at the bar with around 8 others and ordered my first two beers, necked them and ordered more and got asked if i was from England and what was i doing there. Told them i was life long fan, booked tickets for 2 games including v Browns which is my fav game, and will watch a 3rd on TV.

They were amazed a brit knew about football and even more that i went to Pittsburgh just to watch the footie! so chatting to everyone and turn out the bloke next to me (was there with his missus) was a senior something in the team and invited me to the saturday morning Tailgate as he has a big bbq thing he does and he even offered me tickets but my tickets for the game were even better lol

Went to the tailgate at 5am, had a bloody amazing time, i was like roayalty being passed around to all these groups of people, was pretty wasted before the game but loved it and would do it again any time, was a brilliant brilliant day and sorry but games in the UK pale in comparison (have been to wembley

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Had a similar experience at the Bucs vs Saints game a few years back, went to the tailgate early to take in the atmosphere, as soon as they hear the British accent we were treated like celebrities.

went to one Wembley game, just a big disappointment in comparison.