Amazon Prime scam - Beware

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Don't buy enough off Amazon to have a prime account, but last week ordered about 6 items. So was only semi surprised to get an automated call today to say that money was being debited to pay for Prime account, unless I wished to reverse this charge by calling/dailing 1. Bugger I thought that I must have ticked the box when ordering to go onto Prime - so needed cancelling.

Was put through to a foreign caller who aplogised and stated that she would be able to get that automatically stopped. Its a good job that the linew as poor and I couldn't hear her very well. She was asking me to place a run command in my "search programs box" - despite me telling her I didn't trust her and ringing off, she had the tenanacity to ring back and say she would talk slower and that it was important to carry out her instructions.

In the meantime I had typed Amazon Prime Scam and found this.

Basr***s - I neraly fell for it - how they got my number is another issue.

Also checked my Amazon account - I do not have prime.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I had that call a week or so ago... just hung up as I know I didn't have prime.... as soon as I get an automated/robotic call I hang up... don't even bother talking to them

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Gert got a call yesterday saying someone had ordered summat for 600 nicker and he was Gonna help her secure her account, she more or less told em tough hook off.