Amazing moment

Foul hooked

Site Supporter
Today I had a real heart lifting moment. Doing a bit of baillifing this afternoon i asked a chap if he had a good day. Yes, I’ve had one or two Rudd I think they are called and a small carp, really enjoying it. Do I pay you for my ticket? He replied.
When I asked if he was a senior citizen he told me was 81. Didn’t look a day over 60.
Just as I was taking his concession ticket money his rod bent round, which I pointed out to him and a few minutes later I netted a pristine 5lb+ common for him.
Now, the beaming smile on this chaps face was something to behold. He was like a kid, who on opening his present on Xmas morning finds it is the keys to a sweet shop.
This chap had only taken up fishing two weeks ago. His kit was very basic but decent, but he had caught a fish that when I started out was the thing of dreams.
If I could bottle his enthusiasm and passion I would be a millionaire. This guy, twenty years my senior had more energy and enthusiasm than I had when I was a teenager.

PJ Rothwell

That's lovely to hear and must have been a touching moment to see the enjoyment a spot of fishing can bring. I recon his youthful appearance is down to his obviously upbeat and happy approach to life, if you can bottle some make sure we all get a few drops :giggle:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Lovely... I love seeing a smiling face when I'm out wetting a line... specially on a youngster

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Makes a change to people trying to look “ultra cool” and not show excitement. Wear your heart on your sleeve and be proud of it.

Great post👍👍👍