Am I Happy Or What................

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Well this morning i awoke at 4.15am and thought i'll have a couple of hours after the Tench (they average 6lb)in the old Cement Quarry at the back of our house.[:)]

Last time i fished there was about 2 years ago and in the 15 years i've lived behind the Quarry i've only fished it maybe 5 or 6 times.

But i thought i'd spend a few hours there any way as a memory to Zippy as it would have been his birthday today and i know how much he tried for a Tench last summer, so i thought i'd try to get 1 in his memory.

So by 4.40 i'd set up a rod (in the kitchen) with a Polaris float and a oz bomb, sorted out a landing net and a few bits of spare end tackle stuffed it in a bucket along with a bait box of Corn, some pellets and a couple of slices of Bread and of i set.

Must admit it's been years since i just took the basics and it felt good.

Well i walked all the way around the Quarry and settled down on the edge of the shallow corner and by 5am i had baited the hook with a grain of corn and a pinch of bread flake and cast out to around 30 ft into 12ft of water.

Then i just sat back and watched the wild life on the water.

Well by 7.30 i'd missed 3 sailaway bites [:(] all on corn and flake cocktails.
Next cast though i just put on 3 grains of corn to see if that would make a difference.[:)]

AND IT DID..[:D][:D]

At 7.50 the float dibbed and i struck and the unseen fish tore off towards the far side high bank and in the first run it stripped almost all the line off my spool almost 100yds as i could see the backing.[:0]

Luckily it stopped and then i managed to gain some line back on the spool and thoughts of "O GAWD" it must be 1 hell of a Tench to roar off like that and thoughts of maybe a high single or even a double went through my mind..[:D][:D]

Well it took around 5 minutes to get it back to my bank and it felt very heavy and i assumed it was covered in weed as the Quarry as a lot of weed.[;)]

When it got to about 30 yds out it decided to roar of again [:0] but luckily it stopped after about 50yds this time.[:)]

Now bear in mind i was on 6lb Maxima to a hooklength of the same and a size 12 Mustard method hook and i dont use the clutch but back wind instead (i may change that now though)[;)] so i could not give it to much stick.

Well your all proberly getting bored by now so i'll get on with it.[:D][:D]

When it finally came to the surface about 20 ft out i realised it was not a Tench but a BIG CARP (there are only 4 in the Quarry).[:D][8D]

Well it came towards the net and i could tell it was a lot bigger than my PB of 16lb and i must admit i started to get rather excited but managed to get it in the net at the first attempt.[:D][:D][:D]

IT WAS MINE.......[8D][8D]

And here are a couple of pictures of it..[8D][:D][8D][:D]

And here it is all 25lb 6oz
Datafile4.jpg

And here it is again but with me this time all 25lb 6oz of it
Datafile4.jpg

Nobody was about so i had to try to take the picture with the self timer and now i know why Carp Anglers never seam to smile in their pictures [:)] because if they feel anything like i do at the moment then they are so hyped up and shaking with excitement that no mouth movement is possible.[;)][:D][;)]

Well all that remains to be said is Thankyou Trev for giveing me a New Personal Best Common Carp of 25lb 6oz

Just got to show you all it one more time..[;)][:D][;)][:D]
Datafile4.jpg

And back it goes all 25lb 6oz
Datafile4.jpg

Boy am i a HAPPY CHAPPY or what

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
Malc, what a cracking fish,i can see why you are so chaffed,you say that you know that there are only 4 carp in the lake?? do you know when thay where put in??, and at what size at the time,???ive been back to your pics three times,just cant stop admiring the condition of it,it looks like its never been caught in its life??,NICE ONE Malc

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
P.S.i bet you start fishing it more seriously in the future????,

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
Well done mate, a real cracker (I'm jealous)

You ought to think about getting yourself a bigger landing
net though, looks like a tight squeeze [:D]

Jason

Br
Jason

MrC

Well done mate,, I would be shaking like a good en too.

martin.

Account Locked
well done malc
next fishin planned for malcs back garden again LOL

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
nice one son ...... was it worth getting out of bed or what???? never seen a carp in such a pristene conditon looks like it has never seen a hook that day will stay with you for ever so break out the champers and give yourself a pat on the back oh yeah and a toast to TREVOR i think he just might have something to do with it and this is how you should look like when you have just caught a fish of a lifetime[:D][:D][:D]

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
Well done you jammy sod.

Tom.

devil-flip.gif Wheres my float oh my god wheres my float, oh yeah im ledger fishing. demonbat.gif
"I, d rather be dead than cool " Curt Cobain.
"It's better to burn out than fade away" Curt cobain.
Maggotdrowner's the only place to be when your not on the Bank.

steve wilson

well done Malc
dont think that because you caught one carp out of the quarry that im going to fish the next ten years there with you so that you can catch another
WELL DONE AGAIN MATE

blinkblack_e0.gif

MALC

Cheers all i'm still buzzing and it's over 4 hours ago.[:D][:D][:D]

Ken

I've made a few calls and best info i can get is last time a Carp came out of there was 4 or 5 years ago and it was a Mirror at 29lb other than that i can only get sketchy details of 2 other instances of a Carp being caught but they were back in the early 90's.

Best info i can find regards when they went in was around 1960 to 1965 and 6 were stocked (3 Commons & 3 Mirrors) at about 4 to 5lb and 1 was found dead a year or 2 later.

People i've spoken to all thought they had either died or been stolen as none have even been sighted in the past 4 years.

Very few people fish there seriously these days as for 2 years Cormorants have taken most of the small fish and a lot of the Tench went missing about 3 years ago.

All the above info make's the above fish even more special to me now as it's not a known fish with a name and it's not from a commercial that has been stocked.[:D][:D][:D]

The only mark on the Carp is visible in the third picture and it is a section missing from the center of the tail (not cut though).

The Mouth was in perfect condition with no marks at all either in or out side and not a blemish on it's body either (it was and is BEAUTIFULL)[:D][:D]

Picture from the head showing perfect 2 barbels
Datafile4.asp

As for the size of the landing net i've just been and measured it and it's 24 inches from side to side so that gives a bit of a clue to how big the fish was/is.[:D][:D]

Martin

Julie said a big NO after the way i came running and shouting in the door this morning like a big kid.[:D][:D]

And yes i'm still floating.[:D][:D]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

scott essery

'Silver man'
what can i say mate except WELL DONE [:D]

I cant think of a more perfect way to remember Zippy and im sure hes got a great big smile on his face too right now [:)]

25lb 6oz!!!!

My God thats nearly as heavy as you! [:p]

Now thats a PROPER carp! Wild and perfect in shape, colour and condition. hes a chubby chap, must be happy where he is.

thats a hell of a garden pond youve got there Malc [;)] [:p] [:p]

so, does that mean a buzzer bar, optonics and a bivy is on your christmas list for santa? [;)]

The Rudd Meister [:)]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Jesus thats a big roach!!!! (& beats my PB by 6oz) damn it i'm gonna have to go find a bigger fish now [:(] & we all know how much i'm going to hate that don't we [;)]

Alan
Datafile3.asp

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
I guess you get the honour of naming it then Malc.

Warwickshire fish-in anybody?[:D]

(949 to go....)

Br
Jason

NoFinPhish

Mighty Cat Slayer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mouth was in perfect condition with no marks at all either in or out side and not a blemish on it's body either (it was and is BEAUTIFULL)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordan? [:p]

(948...ok I'll stop now)

Br
Jason

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
how glad are we that you took your camera??, malc would it be a good idea (if you got permission) to have a few friends and have a little fish-in, and see what comes out. you say cormarants have been visiting, well they eat fish from other waters and then sit on branches over the water and then rubbish, eggs distributed. you say the carp have been in there for about fourty years, let hope they were of mixed sex?. as for tench they are a mystery fish? i am going to tell you a little story. when we moved from london (39 years ago), we moved to huntingdon, cambs. to a new town so lots of building going on, we had a place with three ponds on which we called spring common as this is what these ponds were feed by (hence spring) they where mostly full of frogs and newts, but had a few tench in them which were 2 to 3 lbs? during some of the building the builders by mistake blocked the flow of the springs to the ponds, so the ponds dried out for at least 9 months. (just a bit of sticky mud in the centre). nature as it is finds its own way and the ponds started refilling them selves, a chap in his ignorance who did not know they had ever been emptied, fished and caught a tench??? i did not personal see this fish but whos to say he was lying??? it would appear that tench are one of the fish that seem to bury themselves in the mud, and preserve their lives in doing this. i know this has nothing to do with your tench ha ha but i believe they are still there (if they have not been eaten?).

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Malc - it looks like its the week for PB's [:D]

Stu got his PB Carp this morning as well, I'll let him tel you all [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Wey Back

Suvern Softee!
Well done Malc,

And everyone else who have got new PBs and species recently[8D]

Do you think Trev has had words with the boss about this[;)]

Mick

Datafile2.asp

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Cracking fish Malc, how heavy was it lol

Dai Fish
wales.gif
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

dave the fish

Site Supporter
WOW what a fish

No wonder you are still floating on air. Even better when you dont expect it.

Well done

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.