alternative to the method

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcockmat

iv just joined a club and was fishing one of its bream waters, using the method with sonubaits match method mix and doulble red maggot and was absolutly bagging up, when i was informed by a passing member that the method was banned on the water. i swapped to a cage feeder and it went dead i tried the straight lead and still dead.

I was was haveing a fantastic day and would like to repeat it only without breaking any rules.

any advice for a decent alternative to the method, I have seen those shotgun feeders and was wondering how well thay would perform with groundbait instead of pellet.

Cheers in advance

Matt

dstev

Dave
Can't understand why the method would be banned aslong as it was free running...

alcockmat

I know i was wondering if the guy was just jealous that i was catchin more than him so i checked the rules and it mentioned nothing about fixed or free running it just said no Method Feeders, I dont want to flount the rules and get my self banned plus its only banned on that water so there must be a reason, all i can think of is that it is a big carp water and they dont want big metods and it cant be one rule for 1 and another for another,

Matt

Col7777

As for the shotgun feeder, I tried one and they work but if you pack it too tight the spring doesn't pop the bait out, I reeled in and on the odd time it was still packed.
Are those flatbed feeder allowed, the ones you use with a short hooklink and you can get a mould for them?
Other than that it is the cage feeder but you could use a large feeder.

pole addict

Why not try the pellet cone.

Surely that will do a similar job if you use say a 1 oz lead and a shortish hooklength. [?][?]

Check what the minimum length of hooklength is, if there is one, and fish that.

alcockmat

surely the flat bed feeder is a method? thats what i was using anyway the free one you get in the method mix

Cooky

PelletCone_web.jpg

guru_pellet_cones.jpg

gurupelletcones.jpg

Last edited:

alcockmat

Cheers Cookyr not sure they would be suitable for Groundbait but i will give em a go and let you know how i get on

gillm

Originally posted by alcockmat

Cheers Cookyr not sure they would be suitable for Groundbait but i will give em a go and let you know how i get on

They do work with groundbait. You have to compress it in more than you would with pellets.[:T]

What about PVA as an alternative?

BBE555

bbe555
Also don,t buy the pellet cones as make em from your cut down pole bung . The remainder makes excellent cones .

alcockmat

what an absolute div never thaught of using pva, only ever tried to use it once and i couldnt get it to stay on the hook i found that a size 16 and 14 hook were to small and just tearing through, any tips?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Here's a brilliant video posted earlier this year:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=14987927001

(disregard the advert at the beginning)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
When is a method feeder not a method feeder? Banjo and shotgun are surely just variations on The Method.

As a club member I assume you can propose rule chages at the AGM. So why not propose a modification to the ban to fixed Method feeders and allow free running.

All I can suggest is to go back to the old style bream fishing with a feeder fished paternoster style but make sure you use chopped worm in the feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.