Almost disabled!

KPR

Only just joined but your situation strikes a cord.
Im 67 and soon to retire but have a blue badge for years. Left knee replacement at 52 Achilles tendons operated on then 47 days in hospital with MRSA several back ops and under the chronic pain clinic permanently.
I feel ya pain.
I got my badge at 53 after my knee op.
Had to push and push as l had similar rejections.
The thing to do is be persistent and not give up or except cost cutting decisions by people who are tasked to refuse refuse.
Sorry to say its a fight but it seems you would qualify.
You have to appeal lm afraid and not give up.
I got my Father inlaw and mother inlaw theirs as they were put off.
It was granted and with the first level of care allowance. Then it all changed to the point that my mother inlaw after having it for 15 years was refused at her last renewal.
By then she was totally house bound and constantly in out of hospital.
They refused her at the age of 95 untill l threatened to take them to court and told them that mine was up for renewal and would also take them to court if they intended to refuse me.
Got a letter back saying an ADMINISTRATION ERROR AND I WOULD BE RENEWED WITHOUT AN ISSUE.
So go for it and stick it to them
Good luck.
Kelv.

Harry66

I got told I was too young for a total knee replacement... I'm 61... how old do you have to be...???? 6 knee arthoscopies down the line :mad:
I was only 53 when I had mine done 12 years ago. Depends how knackered it is.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
@Arry I'm the same with 2 knees duff and I'm 67, 68 this year. Told only will be replaced when they are totally shot, unusable or cannot suffer the pain any more. Even changed counties/ postcodes but still the same 😡

Cobweb

Site Supporter
@Arry I'm the same with 2 knees duff and I'm 67, 68 this year. Told only will be replaced when they are totally shot, unusable or cannot suffer the pain any more. Even changed counties/ postcodes but still the same 😡
I've only got the one knee that gives me the gyp, but a knee op is a no go for me as the anaesthetic puts me in danger of cardiac arrest. Damn thing used to dislocate up to 8 times in a day. Thanks to the physio guys, I've learned to walk in a different and unbalanced way to try and manage the condition, supporting my knee with a stick which was given to me c/o the RNIB.

I've got the same problem with the damn prostate thing. I've already had one minor stroke following an attempt by surgeons to carry out biopsies. The latest request is for me to have a general anaesthetic so that 70 biopsies can be carried out at once. That's on hold as agreed with the boss surgeon. In a way Covid has helped as the surgeons are now concentrating on that issue rather than pestering me.

Anyhoo - wine, beer, and pain killers (not in any particular order) seem to do the trick - at least what I can remember of their effects(y). I've got 3 months until I get to 70 - Covid and other things permitting, after that I'll get another stick, and be put on the more vulnerable list for a Covid vaccine, and to be allowed to order online at Sainsbury's. :cool:

Last edited: