All weather food

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I got up this morning and stated that I was making a meat and potato pie for dinner:angel: Both my Missus and my Dad said the weather was too hot for it:(; it didn't stop em having some though and I reiterate my claim that "any time is pie time" a definite all weather food:band:
pie 001.JPG

Wise Owl

Account Locked
That looks a Banging Tasty Pie Dave mate (y) I used to love going to my Aunts to stay, she made Top Pies (y)

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
That looks a Banging Tasty Pie Dave mate (y) I used to love going to my Aunts to stay, she made Top Pies (y)
I had an aunty like that mate and I can remember, years later, saying to my mother "Aunty Jean used to make fatastic Meat 'n' tato pie". My mothers reply was "yes, it's because she used the very best cuts of meat.......she was having an affair with the Butcher"

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Dont think my Aunty knew what it was all about think it only happened once and when my cousin popped out the said Knackers to that ;);)

genesis

Account Locked
You've got my mouth watering right there Andy, home made Steak & Kidney suet pud, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :upthumb:
Must admit Peter now I have mentioned it I could do one myself. But going back to Daves original post I thinks its too hot to tuck into one now with lovely thick suet. As soon as it cools down i'm on it (y)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Must admit Peter now I have mentioned it I could do one myself. But going back to Daves original post I thinks its too hot to tuck into one now with lovely thick suet. As soon as it cools down i'm on it (y)
With onion gravy poured over it and proper chips.

genesis

Account Locked
With onion gravy poured over it and proper chips.
Oh no no no. The gravy will be inside the pudding and ooze out all thick and rich. My pudding bowl is that big you won't have room for chips. If you have to then it has to be fresh buttery new potatoes sprinkled with sea salt. Chips? you heathen. Is that how they did it on your side of the hills? :)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Oh no no no. The gravy will be inside the pudding and ooze out all thick and rich. My pudding bowl is that big you won't have room for chips. If you have to then it has to be fresh buttery new potatoes sprinkled with sea salt. Chips? you heathen. Is that how they did it on your side of the hills? :)
Yep in a polystyrene tray and plastic fork.
Like the sound of the new potatoes, may have to get my partner make a pudding, she is a good cook.
I dont think I have seen steak puddings in chippys around Oxford

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
I can eat a Sunday day anytime. In fact had one today for tea even when it was red hot outside. Didn’t bother with mash. Just had jersey royals. Peas chicken and Yorkshire. And bloody loved it. Cleaned my plate.