Aliens

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
How many of you lot believe aliens have actually landed on earth and left without us knowing. Even before mankind, maybe they landed while dinosaurs roamed. Hey maybe one day someone will dig up a mummified T-Rex and find a little green man it it’s belly. Would make great news headline

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Theres a few on here I'm sure :ROFLMAO: :p

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Watch the Ancient Aliens series and although it can only be speculation,when it comes to the astronomy and buildings there is no denying mankind of the time probably had help.

Last edited:

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
How many of you lot believe aliens have actually landed on earth and left without us knowing. Even before mankind, maybe they landed while dinosaurs roamed. Hey maybe one day someone will dig up a mummified T-Rex and find a little green man it it’s belly. Would make great news headline
I believe they're still here although I've never seen one I know about anyhow lol

Simon R

Site Supporter
Is there life elsewhere in the universe?
The laws of probability say there must be.

Have we been visited in the past by alien life-forms? - nope.
Will we ever develop some form of faster than light travel (warp drives, hyperspace, worm holes etc) and go visiting ourselves? - also no.

Our sun is comparatively speaking fairly young - therefore, if there are intelligent life forms out there, other civilizations could be millions of years more advanced (or more retarded) than our own.So if some form of faster than light travel were possible they would have invented it by now.

If humans invented it what would we do with it? We'd go exploring - all those planets our telescopes have spotted in far-flung star systems.
And having expended all that energy would we just sit & watch?

If there was no intelligent life on the planet - as has been the case for most of this planets existence and some would argue there still isn't:p - then, providing the planet was reasonably hospitable we'd found a colony.
And if there was already intelligent life we'd land - and just as the Europeans did hundreds of years ago when exploring our own planet we'd trade, colonize and possibly subdue the native people.

Why would any alien races have a different agenda?
They're gonna expend all that time & energy on getting here and just turn round and go home again?
I'm quite sure that if they were advanced enough to develop faster than light travel they'd also be able to ensure that their ships would be invisible to both the naked eye and radar.

So they certainly wouldn't advertise their presence by flying through our night skies lit up like bloody Christmas trees or faffing about making random geometric shapes in fields of corn - the latter has long since been proved to be the work of bored students in any case.

So we may not be alone but I doubt we'll ever find out - the nearest we might get is some far-flung planet intercepting some of our radio or TV broadcasts - and sending a reply. Would be a rather stilted conversation though:
"Hello" - 50 years later a reply
"Hello, how are you?" - Er well the guy you spoke to has died of old age but I'm all right :p:p

I'm afraid aliens will remain the property of those with over active imaginations, deluded Americans and TV shows - which despite what some think are works of fiction and not documentaries.

Simon

Blanks

Site Supporter
Yep, count me in for both, I am a bit of dinosaur and as for aliens yes. If anyone asks for evidence I say yes us.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
There are a lot of unexplained things in this world, some of which the rulers are holding back in secrecy. Historically the same things were being drawn by different people's at the same time. Buildings of such magnitude that we believe now was impossible to have been built at the time.
So I'm of an open mind re. are they here now or have they been here at some time or they are still coming to visit.
Until we get positive proof we the common man will not know.
Then there will be some who will not accept the knowledge that this world is an alien ant farm.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Ever stopped to wonder why, that since visiting the moon, technology has increased exponentially ?

Ivan heaphurst

The laws of maths and probability must suggest and confirm that there has to be intelligent life somewhere in the cosmos. How many galaxies are there, with how many planets are out there.
Have they visited us in pre-history ?
There is a good case to say yes. I mean how did early civilisations build some of the things that they did.
Do they still come for an update, well if they do, the powers that be have decided that as a race of humans we are not yet ready to be told to he truth.
Finally someone once asked W C Fields if he thought that there was intelligent life on other planets,
To which his well known reply was.
"I hope so because there is none on this one"

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Maybe we evolved from aliens and that’s why they can’t find the missing link.
I might have just made a scientific breakthrough :alien: how cool would that be.

rudd

Site Supporter
When time is running out for this planet (getting close now) DNA from Earths many species along with seeds and chemicals will be sent into space to colonise planets.
Its possible this is how we got here in the first place.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Ever stopped to wonder why, that since visiting the moon, technology has increased exponentially ?

I think it goes back to WW2 if you think at the start air planes were just moving from bi to mono wings and by the end jet planes were flying that rapid development set the tone for what followed. I was inevitable that jet air planes would have been conceived, designed and built without the war, but the expediency war meant that development became a lot swifter than it would have in peace time.