Aldin Grange and The Angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petergeegee4

It is now quite some time that I was a regular angler at Aldin Grange when the price of fuel and the approach of old age meant that my visits were curtailed. At that time I was invited by Mick to write an editorial for the fisherie's website, a task that I was delighted to do.
So yesterday I decided to revisit my old hunting grounds. What a difference!!!! Gone are the old cabins and shop, in their place are a cafeteria, meeting room, shop, and toilets all well maintained, but the main change is the general appearance of the fishery, beautiful flower beds and features are dotted throughout. The general air of the place is of a well maintained and well managed fishery with no litter or rubbish in sight.
I was of course greeted by my favourite ladies Sash and Sophie whose greetings were as though I had never been gone!!!! Alas time has seen a number of the farm dogs pass away but their replacements are readily obvious to everyone.
Although I didn't fish I notice that the weekly reports are impressive and I'm sure that the individual 100lb barrier will soon be broken.
I consider myself very fortunate that we have in the North East two fisheries which in their own ways compare with the best....namely The Angel which needs no introduction for it's own wonderful ambience and outstanding stocking levels and quality of fish the welfare of the wildlife, and Aldin Grange which provides a more rural setting for our wonderful sport but with all the same attributes.
Long may it continue and well done to Mick, Ann, Arthur, and indeed all at Aldin and The Angel for their sterling work.

slf

NUFC
Aldin has improved alot, i hadnt fished it a while due to uni but when i fished it there was a big improvement and the fishing is better which is always nice to see, the lakes look more natural and the fishery is more professional, all these factors should see more visitors within the coming year. Again the Angel seems to be improving, might have to have a look through and fish afew matches in the summer. another fishery to mention is Eden Meadows which offers great fishing all year round and a nice venue for matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.