Aldi Base Layer

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
In my local Aldi today and I noticed they had skiwear on sale including based layers, some with Merino wool. Your local store may still have some in stock if you are interested.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I nipped to my Aldi the day after the base layers went on sale and they didn't have any in stock, maybe they never had a delivery, still managed to pick up some thermal lined trousers that should be good.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I nipped to my Aldi the day after the base layers went on sale and they didn't have any in stock, maybe they never had a delivery, still managed to pick up some thermal lined trousers that should be good.
Just buy some blazewear, much better than wearing all them layers

Scribe

Site Supporter
@chefster Have you seen the price of that Blazewear ? @Neil ofthe nene would never speak to me again. :)

If I fished a lot in Winter mate I might consider it, saying that I have hadn't a problem keeping warm over the Winter, when I have fished. I bought one of these a few years ago Trakker Insulated 3 Piece Suit and it has kept me toasty warm, I didn't spend £90 on mine though. :)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Oh sorry I didn’t realise Ebeneezer Scrooge was your financial advisor ?surprised your not using a bent pin and a bamboo cane

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I never said I would part with money myself. I just know some have such good salaries that they don't care what they spend. I'm just a poor pensioner.

Scribe

Site Supporter
Fair play to you @chefster you earn it, you spend it how you wish. (y) I earn it, but growing up with not a lot pre-disposes me to shop around or wait for a bargain. Drives the missus mad sometimes, but there you go. :D

Can't see buying something to keep me warm, when I am warm already makes a lot of sense though.

I could do a lot worse than have @Neil ofthe nene as a financial adviser, I'm just glad I'm not married to him, I would never have bought half the kit I have. :D