Alders Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polepot

Poles
I am fishing a match at Alders Farm Brickhill Buckinghamshire on Sunday. I know it is supposed to be a prolific Carp water but if there is any advice you can give me I would be very greatfull.

I've been told that pellet is a good method but does Cat Meat work on this venue?

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Nick,

I have not fished it for a while but from what i can remember it was small cubes of meat(dusted with sillybait or crazybait before you go)as groundbait was banned it its proper form.Pellet does score and Churts sillybait pellets on a bait band worked then.I will get back to you before the weekend when i speak to some people at work who have fished more recently.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Nick,

A mate fished it last week and he caught well at 7/8m with luncheon meat or bread on the hook.If you get an island peg fish a bomb with the same hookbaits.The carp average 3lb and you will get plenty of bites during the match.Feed pellets all the time little and often seems best.Maggot will catch you a few fish if you are struggling.
Average depth is around 4/5ft with shallower pegs nearer the island.

Hope this helps and good luck let me know how you get on.

Keith.

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

kev coke

Hello nick mate i fished alders a couple of months ago and caught on catmeat in the margins i fished catmeat over corn 6 meters along the reeds to my right the fish in there are mainly carp but there are a shed load of stunted rudd in there and if you fish small baits then that is all you will get i caught carp from 2 to 10 pound when i fished it mate anything else you want to know mate then just ask away mate
kev

Polepot

Poles
Just to update the information provided by others.

The fishery owner has now banned Cat Meat.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

Status
Not open for further replies.