Alders Farm Xmas Match

Brainy

Those of you who are fishing the match this Saturday who want a little help on how to approach the match I hope this helps.
Firstly the weather looks to be 8deg in the day with a low of 2 overnight up until the match.
This should enable everyone to get a few bites with the winning weight being anything from 80lb to well over 100lb ( winter league last week 174lb peg 2 Long Pole and Pellet.
Very simple approach of Pole , feeder and some pegs Waggler.
Guru Hybrid or pellet feeder with soft fishery micro with Ringers Wafters have been very successful ( yellow or orange)
Maggot feeder ( I prefer the clear Drennan) with Atomic Cloud ( Red) it’s been a tactic that has caught a lot of fish recently.
Waggler I like the Maver range as they are loaded and cast well.
Hooks obviously a personal choice I use B911 size 16 or 18.
Little tip every now and then flavour your hook bait seems to work.
Pole some pegs will catch again simple approach for me it’s Maggot on a B911 size 18 or 20.
Feed maggot in Atomic Cloud .
Others have equally successful approaches but this is what works for me.
I will be on hand to help in anyway I can if you want to ask A question I’ll tell you to the best of my knowledge..obviously There are better anglers than me but if you think I can help I will.

notneeded

The 1st pie winner 2019
Site Supporter
Those of you who are fishing the match this Saturday who want a little help on how to approach the match I hope this helps.
Firstly the weather looks to be 8deg in the day with a low of 2 overnight up until the match.
This should enable everyone to get a few bites with the winning weight being anything from 80lb to well over 100lb ( winter league last week 174lb peg 2 Long Pole and Pellet.
Guru Hybrid or pellet feeder with soft fishery micro with Ringers Wafters have been very successful ( yellow or orange)
Maggot feeder ( I prefer the clear Drennan) with Atomic Cloud ( Red) it’s been a tactic that has caught a lot of fish recently.
Pole some pegs will catch again simple approach for me it’s Maggot on a B911 size 18 or 20.
I will be on hand to help in anyway I can if you want to ask A question I’ll tell you to the best of my knowledge..obviously There are better anglers than me but if you think I can help I will.
I've got my note book and pen ready I need all the help I can get ?

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I take it that you ain't fishing it mate:p:p:p