Alden grange /bear park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch

Account Locked
Tell you a place to try Norm where you will catch carp all day in the 1-3lb bracket. Not sure what it is called but it is right next to Shaply Springs trout lakes on the opposite side of the Seaham road, opposite Shapley Farm on the map. Lovely little pond, very sheltered. Loads of Carp, just turn in at the flag poles then hard right about 50 yards walk through the bushes. Great sport.

Better than Bearpark small fish haven.

Last edited:

Dave_Barrett

Hi guys can you use your keepnet here what other fish are in here and how much is it a day to fish ?
Dave

Butch

Account Locked
Only fished it twice on the left as you go in but had loads of fish. Really enjoyed it, easy going place, not too crowded.

Keep it quiet Norm, dont want too many turnng up.[:)][;)]

norm

I'm going to bear park meeting a couple of people there was hoping someone knew what pegs to fish

i think strawberry fields has stopped keepnets now

Butch

Account Locked
They have, no nets allowed.

Aldin is the same as always, Metalforever will tell you better but the first peg you come to on the left side of the lake fishing to the left.The peg opposite, fishing to the right and the peg closest to the point of the island, fishing to the point of the island.

Or you could try the silver fish lake, anywhere on there for sardines.

When will they learn that people like to catch fish, not fry.

norm

so is the carp lake fishing better than the silver lake

Butch

Account Locked
From what i hear it is fishing well on the 'mixed' lake. I dont know anyone that fishes the silver lake, but with this weather it will surely fish well tommorrow.

norm

it amazes me the amount of people that go on about how they hate carp and could fish for roach all day

they get what they ask for then never even go

i think a lot of people just like to hear there own voice

norm

there was plenty small fish coming out silver lake

i left and went to strawberry fields

thats was fishing well

Dave_Barrett

did you not fancy the middle lake for the carp i am going there on Saturday to try and beat my record of 36 lb of fish
Originally posted by norm

there was plenty small fish coming out silver lake

i left and went to strawberry fields

thats was fishing well

norm

there was a couple coming out but it was very windy

carp not really showing lately(as per regular anglers)

if the wind drops why don't you try the Angel

you could be looking at up to 100lb there

Dave_Barrett

Norm heard that many bad reports about the woman that runs it too many rules and you cannot use your keepnet have you ever fished killingworth lake?

Dave

there was a couple coming out but it was very windy

carp not really showing lately(as per regular anglers)

if the wind drops why don't you try the Angel

you could be looking at up to 100lb there
[/quote]

norm

i think you should make your own mind up about the owner

there is not really any different rules there than any were else (all common sense rules really)

you will find her bark is worse than her bite if you look after HER fish

you can not use a keepnet but i went to bearpark and strawberry fields and did not even bother to take one

give it a go it is easy enough to estimate

Dave_Barrett

yes you are probably right there Norm !
Originally posted by norm

i think you should make your own mind up about the owner

there is not really any different rules there than any were else (all common sense rules really)

you will find her bark is worse than her bite if you look after HER fish

you can not use a keepnet but i went to bearpark and strawberry fields and did not even bother to take one

give it a go it is easy enough to estimate

Thom

awww i missed a post about my home water!

to be honest guys this year the mixed lake has just been off it never really came on and whereas you can get 50-60lb in a pleasure session during normal summers the excess water seems to have reduced weights to <10lb.

the silver lake however is throwing weights of upto 20lb out of small skimmers to 10ounces and the match lake, even thoguh im really not fond of it, is showing weights into double figures.

rumour has it micks trying to get another match lake and a large 2/3 acres coarse lake built (much like the large trout pond).

im starting to get bored of aldin, i mean, its a nice fishery but there isnt much appeal for the match angler when weights might aswell go off numbers of blades rather than actual weight.

still a very nice pleasure fishery and would make a good club venue but i wont be fishing with the juniors next year even though the age range has been extended to accept intermediates.

mainly because im nto happy with the enforcement of rules during matches.

rant over [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.