alan scothorne luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchlad

i just got the alan scothorne luggage and it is a great bit of kit im a 15 year old up and coming angler hopfully to be a top flight match angler and want to know of any matchs on still water around leicestershire for juniors to enter rob thanks a lot and keep up the good work

Chopper

Not heard of 'Alan Scothorne' Luggage? Who makes it?

I fish against Alan in our North East Region Winter/Summer Leagues and know for a fact he uses Shimano holdall/carryall and has a Brilo Box.

Good luck with the matches [;)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

martin.

Account Locked
shimano do a range of alans luggage there is a carryall in todays AM under reviews

lee & robert
welcome to the mad MDs

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Chopper

You mean Alan uses a range of Shimano luggage, just coz he gets paid to do so!!!

He also wears Maver clothing coz that's who sponsors his team (maver Barnsley) and has a contract with Mustad, rubbish hooks but he has to have their name on his gear.

I'm not jealous, honest!

He deserves it, I see him fish every other week, best match angler in the country, probably Europe and possibly the World!

Alan, if you ever discover this website, you know who I am and I'm not messing coz your a lot bigger than me.......[;)]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

www.colmic.com

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
hi lee
just wondering which hooks you use for what
I knowwhat its like to fish against some of the best in the world in the last couple of months ive fished against Bob Nudd, Mark Downes, Wayne Swiscoe & Mark Pollard just to name
a few

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Chopper

Hooks,

Squatt fishing: Usually a size 24 Image IM1 these are very good hooks for small fish and for speed fishing as they have a long shank and therefore it's quick and easy to unhook fish, I would go down to a 26 if I suspect it to be hard. If the stamp of fish I expect to catch is a bit bigger, ie over 3oz or there's a good chance of a 'bonus' fish I will use a Kamasan B511 as they are a bit stronger and not as springy and probably better for swinging better fish rather than netting them if your on a shedfull!
When squatt fishing I always have two rigs, a strung out light rig (Image IM1) and a bulked bagging rig (B511)

Maggot Fishing: Size 20/22 Kamasan B511 for roach or a stronger B611 if your expecting a good stamp of fish ie, Chub/eel/tench etc.

Castor fishing: 16/18 B511 or B611 again depending on what I expect to catch.

Chopped worm/corn/double maggot/castor etc: 16 B611

Carp Puddle: I like the bronze Colmic 808's

Bloodworm/Joker: Kamasan B590 in a size 22 or possibly a 20/18 on a bagging rig. I use a Colmic worm hook if I expect better fish, ie a 12oz perch.

Hope this is of some use [;)]

www.colmic.com

Matchlad

Hi lee i used my luggage this weekend its great i can set up 2x fast then before and pack away better how did u get in to the match seen fishing with alan schotthorne lucky git i got year let

rob hope to hear from you

TINY

Tiny
Even though I have not met Lee as yet.It can be seen by his credentials that a lot of time and hard work has gone into his fishing career.If you wish to become as good,if not better,then take notice and learn by what you are being told.The difference between Lee and a great number of other anglers is time and dedication.
Havnt met you yet Lee,but credit where it is due.
All the best in the future Andy.

Chopper

[:I][:I][:I]

Cheers Andy!

The best way to learn is from other people, you can spend many hours on the bank sat alone and not learn half as much as if you got off your box and sat behind a good angler for 30 minutes.

Just find out when matches are on in your area, take a trip down and just walk the bank and see how people are doing things, don't be afraid to ask questions, just make sure you are crouched down and not talking too loudly and most people won't mind.

www.colmic.com

Matchlad

cheers i just got match fishing thats the read for the weekend you fishing any matchs this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.