Aire & Calder canal at Goole.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Well, what a grueler that was. I was undecided where to go today and in the end decided on our local canal. Wish I hadn’t bothered in all honesty. Five bites four fish. They’re doing a brilliant job of social distancing I know that. I had two lines one at 12 with punch and one at 9 with pinkie over Sensas black. I started on punch as I thought the roach must be here somewhere. Not a sign on this line all day. On the 9m line it wasn’t much better. I sat it out three inch over depth just lifting the float out of the water every now and again to try and tempt a bite. Double small pinkie got me five bites and four small perch. What a tough day. Well, you can’t win em all can you ? Roll on summer. ?. You may need your glasses to see the perch ?? 509E5C97-08C3-4E15-80C7-F3D4E9AB6893.jpeg

Zerkalo

About the same as what I caught on the Severn today, at least we can say we didn't blank thanks to a few Perch! :LOL: (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
About the same as what I caught on the Severn today, at least we can say we didn't blank thanks to a few Perch! :LOL: (y)
??. Two hours in if you’d have offered me four perch I’d have snatched your hand off. I really did think I was going to blank today.
The Severn not fishing well Zerkalo ? ?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
At least you didn’t blank ??

It’s tough this cold weather fishing lark isn’t it! Need a few days of double figure temperatures and not too much rain, that should see things improve ?