Air rifle bags.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I just popped into a gun shop in Sheffield to buy some CO2 cartridges and also asked about air rifle bags.
I was told they are having a clear-out and they are £10, so of course I bought one.
These are the bags, in olive or black.
This is not where I bought it from, just a price comparison, other air rifle bag sellers are available. :)

I bought the bag at :-
Sheffield Air Rifles
Unit H & H1 Staniforth Works, Gate 2, Main Street,
Hackenthorpe, Sheffield, S12 4LB

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If I'd known you wanted one, I have one in Camo you could have had.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Thanks for the thought ukzero1.
I have been taking the rifle around in the cardboard box it came in, a bit cumbersome, and had been thinking about getting a proper bag/case, so I just mentioned it in the shop, a case of "right place right time".
I just thought I'd mention it on here in case someone was looking for one.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Dont require one myself but, thanks for the heads up. Only a couple of weeks ago did I tell two youths walking on our local canal that they needed a slip. Apparently they had walked through the village and on to the canal without a cover over their rifles. They told me that they simply didnt know that they had to have one. I could believe that as the guns were only old break barrels. BSA meteors or similar.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I cannot find any law or legislation that says an air rifle or shotgun has to be in a case or slip/bag when carried in a public place, but I would think the police would probably be called if you walked into a shopping centre carrying an air rifle uncovered.

Firearms Act 1968

Carrying firearm in a public place
A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him) he has with him in a public place a loaded shot gun or loaded air weapon, or any other firearm (whether loaded or not) together with ammunition suitable for use in that firearm.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The one thing I've noticed living round here is if the gun is covered, nobody bats an eyelid. but carry it uncovered and you'll have armed response wanting a word in a matter of seconds. and I live right on the edge of the 'sticks'. 3 quarters of a mile (if that) and it's open countryside.

It could be that each area has it's own by-laws.

With regard to the rifle sleeve I have up for grabs is that it's not your normal army camo, oh no, this is that 'real tree' type camo. I can't remember if it's 45 or 48 inch though.

Last edited: