Air con problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince G

Hop Along
I bougt a Ford Galaxy v6 2.8 auto a few months back and have recently been having problems with the Aircon/climate control.

Basically the system constantly blows out hot air and when I say hot I mean HOT !!!!!! It doesn't matter what setting the system is on it still blows hot.

I've had the Aircon re-gassed and have replaced the dashboard control unit but this has still not cured the problem. The pipework under the bonnet gets freezing cold where it should and the sensor in the car recognises the temperature in the car so knows whther it's hot or cold and should therefore adjust the temperature accordingly when the air con is running.

As I've got a near 400 mile round trip to do to Larford Lakes at the weekend for the Individual Champs it would be nice to get it sorted befoe I go. As is always the way money is tight so I don't want to go down the route of trial and error replacing various bits.

When the local mobile Air Con man plugged the car into his computer it gave no fault codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
Has the cabin filter been changed , Most simplest job but people dont bother with it , Its always regas this , replace that and this (always thedear things) ,

Why cant service people do the job right . Ps the pollen/cabin filter isnt part of any service its a request .

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
Could it be a stuck thermostat on the heater and not air con related at all
just using the same vents?

PS: if this is stupid it's because I don't 'do' cars! [:D]

floyd

man of rage
Sounds like a stuck water valve to me, or the control cable has come off.

Have a look under the bonnet, where the the heater pipes go through the bulkhead has it got a valve in one of the pipes? If so see if it moves when turning the heater from hot to cold.

No valve, then have a look under the dash [ you may have to take a couple of kick panels to see anything ] look for control cables and turn the controls to see if they are working. One of them may be disconected.

Hope this helps and good luck.

John

JB56

Originally posted by vg1037

I bougt a Ford Galaxy v6 2.8 auto a few months back and have recently been having problems with the Aircon/climate control.

Basically the system constantly blows out hot air and when I say hot I mean HOT !!!!!! It doesn't matter what setting the system is on it still blows hot.

I've had the Aircon re-gassed and have replaced the dashboard control unit but this has still not cured the problem. The pipework under the bonnet gets freezing cold where it should and the sensor in the car recognises the temperature in the car so knows whther it's hot or cold and should therefore adjust the temperature accordingly when the air con is running.

When the local mobile Air Con man plugged the car into his computer it gave no fault codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Vince, the problem you have is with one of the servos on the heater box behind the dash and it could be something as simple as a vacuum pipe becoming disconnected either behind the dash or from the inlet manifold or solenoids in the engine bay. As its not showing any faults when using electronic diagnostic equipment I can only assume that the control units are vacuum operated and as such faults cannot be displayed as there is no electrical fault. Either way it sounds as if you have lost vacuum to the servos which operate the vent flaps on the heater box

I hope you get it fixed, 400 mile with no aircon and hot air coming into the car. Awful

Last edited:

dirk

Site Supporter
Vince! so you'll look like this on Saturday even before you get pegged next to me [:D]

BDD_FG_george-steaming.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.