Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Looks to me like fishing is going to drop off a cliff one day. 😕

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It would be nice to see more young anglers Peter. Maybe they are more young uns on commercials ?
If this lock-down get's really serious and us of a 'certain age' are TOLD to stay indoors, then anyone fishing will be young ones. :giggle:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If this lock-down get's really serious and us of a 'certain age' are TOLD to stay indoors, then anyone fishing will be young ones. :giggle:
Have you been out panic buying brown sauce pal ? Or have you got a big secret stash somewhere ? 😆

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
On my local Stillwater I'd say just about most anglers are 20-40 but only just, still plenty of older ones. I don't fish many other stillwaters but I'd say they follow a similar pattern. On the rivers for pleasure fishing its the opposite, still a reasonable number of younger ones but not a sustainable amount like on the stillwaters. For river matches the big open matches have wide ranging ages but still more towards the older end and the club matches are definitely mostly older.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
On my local Stillwater I'd say just about most anglers are 20-40 but only just, still plenty of older ones. I don't fish many other stillwaters but I'd say they follow a similar pattern. On the rivers for pleasure fishing its the opposite, still a reasonable number of younger ones but not a sustainable amount like on the stillwaters. For river matches the big open matches have wide ranging ages but still more towards the older end and the club matches are definitely mostly older.
I see you are from Bicester Silverfisher. Maybe it's a regional thing ? Up here in Doncaster its rare I see an angler under 40. Especially on our natural venues which is a crying shame.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Our local commercial gets a reasonable mix of ages. A bunch of over 60s who tend to always sit in the same area near the cabin but a good mix elsewhere on the complex.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
The wife and I are already on 2 weeks lockdown as from yesterday. At 70 (my age) went around to my next door, very good neighboutrs for 30+ years. She is about 85, to assist and evaluate her husband (he is in is 90's ) with a sore throat and temperature, next morning he phones says she is poorly with a high temperature, paracetamols soon lower it, call in at night and she goes to bed. Next morning finds her practically unconcious with higher temperature and difficultly breathing, my wife walks up to doctors and informs them over intercom of her condition. Anyway, cut a long story short, doctor arrives, quickly followed by blue light ambulance after 5 minute evaluation, she is now totally out of it. Hospital - filled with antibiotics (for possible water infection which she suffers from) and chest X-Ray shows small lung infection and she is coughing. Test taken for Coronavirus - results expected with 3 days. Panic here we are told to lock-down - not pleasant feeling to have it enforced. Some semi-good news - she has today phoned her husband and (thank god) it is thought water infection coupled with chest infection but not Coronavirus. But all involved have to wait until test results come back.

I hope that you all keep well

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think so Mick. There's a big specimen carp scene around here and I think the whole bivying up lark is a young mans game and those anglers obviously spill onto normal waters like my local when they are on day sessions. There's lot of predator anglers on the rivers and canals which tend to be younger then the big river matches draw in a fair amounts of sponsored anglers that are often younger. Your average clubby river angler does tend to be older though but luckily not all of them so should be enough to keep the clubs going.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Managed to get some off some geezer on the market. £30 a bottle, bargain. :D
Dave should have said .....

1, Body age.
2, Mental age.

As I'm sure those two differ greatly ..... Hey Wise Owl ? 😆😆👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I think so Mick. There's a big specimen carp scene around here and I think the whole bivying up lark is a young mans game and those anglers obviously spill onto normal waters like my local when they are on day sessions. There's lot of predator anglers on the rivers and canals which tend to be younger then the big river matches draw in a fair amounts of sponsored anglers that are often younger. Your average clubby river angler does tend to be older though but luckily not all of them so should be enough to keep the clubs going.
Nice to hear there is a large age range in your area. I predominantly fish naturals so I'm assuming there are a lot of much younger anglers fishing our commercials that I just never see. Well, I hope so. Still, it's a far cry from tying a rod to your crossbar and filling a coat pocket with some bronze maggots like a lot of us did back in the day. 😲😆

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
The wife and I are already on 2 weeks lockdown as from yesterday. At 70 (my age) went around to my next door, very good neighboutrs for 30+ years. She is about 85, to assist and evaluate her husband (he is in is 90's ) with a sore throat and temperature, next morning he phones says she is poorly with a high temperature, paracetamols soon lower it, call in at night and she goes to bed. Next morning finds her practically unconcious with higher temperature and difficultly breathing, my wife walks up to doctors and informs them over intercom of her condition. Anyway, cut a long story short, doctor arrives, quickly followed by blue light ambulance after 5 minute evaluation, she is now totally out of it. Hospital - filled with antibiotics (for possible water infection which she suffers from) and chest X-Ray shows small lung infection and she is coughing. Test taken for Coronavirus - results expected with 3 days. Panic here we are told to lock-down - not pleasant feeling to have it enforced. Some semi-good news - she has today phoned her husband and (thank god) it is thought water infection coupled with chest infection but not Coronavirus. But all involved have to wait until test results come back.

I hope that you all keep well
Wishing and praying for you all hope it's not Corona and a speedy recovery whatever it is

Reactions: drw