Aerials

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Wallace

leo
Do people have to have a new digital aeriel instead of the analog one. I'm sure i read somewhere that it did'nt make any differance. Can anyone confirm this. Thanks.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
so long as it is lined up right on the transmitter it makes no difference mate, i've got two digi boxes running off the old aerial on the roof and the picture is perfect

Donfish

'Wot's geet Wilf?
There's no such thing as a 'digital'aerial.It's a con used by some unscrupulous installers to get people to buy new.Only if you
get poor reception,in which case you may need a new aerial,otherwise your present aerial should be fine.

jase72

Hi...there is no such thing as a digital aerial.....I'm an Aerial and sattellite Installer.....In Hull

It totally depends on which transmitter you reciving you t.v signals from....ie in Hull we work off Belmont transmitter so we need a wide band aerial (to recive ch21-69...)as the digi mux's are on 30..48...57..60...66...68...hence we need a wideband areial....

#In other parts of the country you can get away with a "grouped" areial..ie group A'B'C'D.... aerial meaning all the digi mux's are in a small band width....ie
A-ch. 21-36

B-ch. 35-46

C-ch. 45-57

D-ch. 56-68

WD-ch, 21-68

fish4alarf

Site Supporter
The easist way to find out if your aerial and the cable are o/k is go to teletext, any form of words or figures disrupted means your signal is not good, if the script is o/k you should be allright.

I really chuckle when i read about digital/analogue.
They are a means of delivery like a bus and a car.
Anyone in the midlands area who has a problem send me a pm.

greentura

Greenie
apart from the aerial being correct for your transmitter type, the cable needs to be for digital as the interference from other radio sources, electrical devices and even mobile phone systems can affect the quality of the digital signal, causing the screen to freeze or loose picture. best to get it all checked by a reputable installer [:T]

jase72

[:T]????As for cable.. so long as the cable is screened, 75ohm cable it should be ok.....and is connected and joined correcly there should be no probs.....

Ive never had any problems with elcetrical or mobile phone systems bleeding tho' the cable causing interference.....

If you in doubt call a reputable and reconised company....that is a.... C A I plus Installer....I am...[:T][:T]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by greentura

apart from the aerial being correct for your transmitter type, the cable needs to be for digital as the interference from other radio sources, electrical devices and even mobile phone systems]

The coax running down from the roof to the aerial splitter box on my house has been there since before i moved in which was back in 1991 so i'm guessing it isn't "digital coax" and according to my mate Gary who fits aerials and sat dish's so long as the coax's jacket isn't perished it doesn't make any difference

greentura

Greenie
probably because i had a taxi rank, baby monitor, air conditioning units and a radio repeater unit near where my cable ran that the old cable wasn't good enough. the new stuff i have has a foil shielding as well as the wire weave and now i get full digital reception without interruptions, also helps that the new cable runs inside the wall on the other side of the house[;)][:T] it was so bad when i moved in i signed up for cable tv back then, couldn't even get channel 4 let alone 5 on analogue so i knew it was 'carp' here for telly

Status
Not open for further replies.