Aerial Centerpin advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnG

Hello everyone,

I need a bit of advice. A couple of weeks ago I was left some fishing tackle that belonged to my father-in-law.
In his tackle box was a Allcock Match Aerial in very good condition.
I've never used a centrepin before although I've often fancied one but the price has always put me off buying one. Now I've got one, I want to use it.

Can someone tell me the correct way to put line on the reel. Does it feed off from the bottom or the top? (ie wind clockwise to wind in)
Secondly, can someone explain how to cast with it correctly.

Thanks, John

JohnG

Oh, I am left handed if that makes a difference although I still wind with my left hand.

John

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi John

I'm mailing a link to this page to a friend of mine who is just about the most knowledgeable bloke around on "pins".

He'll answer just about any questions you might have on them.

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Alan Roe

Hello John
Alan has just e-mailed me the first answer to your question is that the line should come off the bottom of the spool.
Secondly I am happy to teach you the "Wallis" cast which will allow you to cast long distances form the spool of the reel.
Click on my profile and it should bring up my e-mail address contact me and I will sort out your problems very quickly

Cheers
Alan

Alan Roe

Hello John
Alan has just e-mailed me the first answer to your question is that the line should come off the bottom of the spool.
Secondly I am happy to teach you the "Wallis" cast which will allow you to cast long distances form the spool of the reel.
Click on my profile and it should bring up my e-mail address contact me and I will sort out your problems very quickly

Cheers
Alan

scouse

'River Man'
hi alan just read what you said about pins
i purchased one payed 120 quid for it
i have trouble casting tried with it again
on sunday no joy with it hope you dont mined
me picking your brains but i have posted on other
b/b trying to get advice but to no avail if you can help
you can email me or im on msn messenger
davewilliams001@hotmail.com on most nights
thanks dave(scouse)

JohnG

Hi Alan,
Thanks for the advice.
I have tried to find your email but your profile shows it as hidden.
Can you post details of the "Wallis" cast here?

John

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi John and Alan,
In line with our commitment to your Privacy, a function was recently added to enable existing members to hide their e-mail address from other forum users if required.
To hide your e-mail address, Login, select the 'Profile' link, click the 'Submit' button and within your profile you will see the options available.

New members will have the option to have their e-mail address hidden or not when registering. This option is set by default to hidden.

All members can ammend their options at any time within their profile.

Posting details of the Wallis cast is a good idea as I wouldn't mind a bit of instruction on it myself. I used to have a 'Leeds' reel several years ago but sold it much to my regret now.

Regards, Dave

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave

Alan will be at the fish-in so he'll show you the wallis cast there if you ask him really nicly n ply him with expensive gifts (oops forgot ya a yorkshiremun)

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Alan Roe

Hi Chaps sorry about that I didn't realise that the default was set to hide the e-mail address I have changed that so now you can contact me!!
I will be at the fish in at Izaac Walton fisheries on the 1st December and will help out anybody that wants it there. alternatively e-mail me and I will give you a contact number for me so we can arange a mutually convenient time for you to meet up and I can then sort out you problems.

Cheers
Alan

JohnG

Hi everyone,
Sorry for taking my time in coming back to you.
I would love to make it to the fish in but I live on the outskirts of Perth in Tayside, Scotland.
I have managed with the help of a fisher friend to get the basics in casting - pulling line from between the rings with my left hand and casting the rod in a sideways kind of back hand sweep with my right and letting go of the line at the same time - kind of. I've got to say though it is harder than it looks. Getting the timing right is another thing as well.

Practice makes perfect so they say

John

scouse

'River Man'
hi john
just seen your reply i was having same trouble as you,
still am having done the same pulling line from the rings and letting go it is hard but as you say its practise (the painting will have to wait)ill try again next week
tightlines dave(SCOUSE)

Alan Roe

Just In Case you are still having problems My e-mail address is Alan@barbel.fsbusiness.co.uk

Cheers
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.