ADVICE PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectradog

I HAVE IN FRONT OF ME 300M OF "TORX" DYNEEMA BY A FRENCH COMPANY CALLED "WATERQUEEN"
I HAVE BEEN GIVEN DIFFERING VIEWS OF THIS MATERIAL
CAN ANYONE ADVISE OR SHOULD I DUMP IT AND START AGAIN?
I USE BRAID TYPE LINES PRIMARILY FOR FISHING IN IRELAND.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
DAVE
P.S. DONT ANY OF YOU EVER SLEEP?

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Vectra, I use braid a lot now, because of bite indication, strength and low dia.
I bought some 6 and 8 lbs breaking strain that was unsatisfactory on the Trent, due to being very abrasive and picking up masses of weed that bound on the line extremely tightly.
However its great for fine, limp hooklengths!
You dont say the BS or what you want to use it for? Why is Ireland different from here?, (although I go next week and will use it for Bream fishing because of the improved bite registration)
I wont use it for the Tench fishing I intend there, or for the River Erne Stick floating.

For Pike and Carp, I have moved to a super smooth, very low dia American Braid called Power Pro, in 20 and 30 lbs BS.

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev ape.gif I do NOT BELIEVE it

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Waterqueen is a recognised brand of line. As to braid I am in the process myself of changing to braid. It has a stretch factor of 3% against nylons 20/25%. The bite detection when used for legering is heightened. You need approx twice the breaking strain of the nylon you would normally use as a rough guide line. if the breaking strain is ok I would use it. Alternativly you could advertise it for sale in the classifieds. John

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.