Advice on feeder set up

Daniel82x

Hi guys
I had a cheap club Korum feeder kit I have used and I enjoy feeder fishing but the reel with the set is poor and tends to tangle a lot.
Can anyone recommend a good starter set up for feeder fishing , rod and reel that would be an improvement without costing a fortune at this stage ?

rudd

Site Supporter
Hi guys
I had a cheap club Korum feeder kit I have used and I enjoy feeder fishing but the reel with the set is poor and tends to tangle a lot.
Can anyone recommend a good starter set up for feeder fishing , rod and reel that would be an improvement without costing a fortune at this stage ?
Try changing the line on the reel first - it may solve you issue.
2320 meters of daiwa sensor 6lb = £8.99
If not you have line for new reel ready to go ?

Daniel82x

Try changing the line on the reel first - it may solve you issue.
2320 meters of daiwa sensor 6lb = £8.99
If not you have line for new reel ready to go ?
Thanks . Il give this a go :)
It is ok sometimes but the line pre spooled on really seems liable to tangling

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Thanks . Il give this a go :)
It is ok sometimes but the line pre spooled on really seems liable to tangling
Pre spooled reels are usually spooled by machines with the line tight, so once you start to use it, the line will fall off the spool as it will be overfilled, and cause issues. As mentioned, re spooling with a better quality line to the correct level may improve things.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If not I do believe Maver sell a feeder starter kit. Endorsed by Tommy ( dont move the feeder ) Pickering. Maybe worth a look. ?

MartinWY

Site Supporter
Hi guys

If different line doesn't work, keep an eye out for a used reel on here, it doesn't have to be new. A quality used reel, stripped down and regreased/serviced can be like new and it's not that hard to do.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi guys
If you want exceptional value for money a tfgear feeder rod coupled with any daiwa reel ,i recommend a ninja reel