Advice is neede for a new angler for Basingstoke canal fishing.

RRed

Hello,

I have never fishing in inland waters before, so I'm a bit unsure of how all of the laws and regulations work. On the website "https://www.bcaafish.uk" it says "Please remember that when coarse fishing that there is an open & closed season for when you can and can not fish.", But the Close season rule says "You can fish for coarse fish, eels, rainbow trout and brown trout on most enclosed still waters and canals all year.". I'm a bit confused if I can or cannot fish during the "closed season" as the Basingstoke canal is a canal. Second, are people allowed to fish during lockdowns or not? Third, what is the stretch of the canal that I can fish when I buy a membership from the website mentioned before? I am asking about the stretch of the canal because some canals and rivers have different clubs bound to them.

Thank you, very much! :)

PJG

The Basingstoke Canal is closed for fishing from 15.3.21 to 15.6.21 inclusive. Day tickets are issued on the bank or your can join via Tackle Up shop in Fleet. You can fish there during Lockdown if you are "local".

RRed

The Basingstoke Canal is closed for fishing from 15.3.21 to 15.6.21 inclusive. Day tickets are issued on the bank or your can join via Tackle Up shop in Fleet. You can fish there during Lockdown if you are "local".
thank you for your reply. but I have one more question. one of the rules says that you must have"
  • A Large / Suitable sized unhooking mat (Pike / Carp Anglers)
  • A Landing Net minimum size 36 inches (Pike / Carp Anglers)"

As I understand I need an unhooking mat and a landing net IF I fish for carp and or pine. Am I correct?

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
thank you for your reply. but I have one more question. one of the rules says that you must have"
  • A Large / Suitable sized unhooking mat (Pike / Carp Anglers)
  • A Landing Net minimum size 36 inches (Pike / Carp Anglers)"

As I understand I need an unhooking mat and a landing net IF I fish for carp and or pine. Am I correct?
Always need a net and a mat, just that if pike or carp fishing it has to be a big one