Advice for a beginner on the pole

FdoubleU

So I have a Maver Grimreaper 12.5m pole and a Middy hotspot v2 11m pole, both were sold to me with a bunch of pole rigs and a couple of pole rollers basically for free from a bailiff at my local fishery shortly before he passed away. I have always been a favourite for the pellet Waggler and method feed/pellet feeder when conditions aren’t suitable to pellet waggle.

I got both poles elasticated 2 years ago with puller bungs etc. But never ended up using the pole at all.

I now want to give it a go but since getting the top sections out I can tell I didn’t store them in the appropriate way and the elastics are frayed/ corroded. I want to renew the elastics myself however I don’t have a clue what strength elastics would have been previously installed, if anyone one has any idea what strength elastics I should be using on either of these poles? And whether or not they are capable of handling carp consistently at an average of 8-12lb?

Thanks in a

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum buddy :hello:

I would say you want an elastic above 14. 14-16 or 16-18 sort of range. Especially if you are fishing the margins or snaggy swims.

Last edited:

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Message Nick Gilbert on here , he will help take the confusion away, and sell you exactly what you need..personally I can’t recommend his elastic, but hundreds on here vouch for him and his products ?

FdoubleU

I would say you want an elastic above 14. 14-16 or 16-18 sort of range. Especially if you are fishing the margins or snaggy swims.
Thank you! I think I will mainly be fishing 9-10m out in the open or and quite non snagged swims! Thanks

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Message Nick Gilbert on here , he will help take the confusion away, and sell you exactly what you need..personally I can’t recommend his elastic, but hundreds on here vouch for him and his products ?
I use Nick Gilbert elastic. It’s very good and he’s a really helpful guy.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter

Wow Mark. Did you not sleep last night ? You 're getting all giddy over your new van coming arent ya pal ? ?? beep beep. ???