advice for 24hr session

Status
Not open for further replies.

pole manic

soon im off to do a 24hr session at the local lake which holds carp to 30lb ish and 4 catfish to 40lb, ive post this to ask on tips to get 'quick' bites. Because im limited on money i like to catch quite a few fish when i do overnighters. I will be using 2 rods on alarms. Recommend a bait? Feeding etc? Should i chance a rod and target the catfish?

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
1st thing is 1st, you say you want to "catch fish".... FIND THEM before you setup, then your half way there....

limited money? corn, fish with either popup corn or real corn with a small PVA bag of corn that would be on 1 rod for sure...

2nd rod, again i would choose a boilie, id go for the cell (known carp catching bait) again fish single with bags..

cat fish, still use ya carp gear, but i would setup up your hooks, hook links, line. and if fish BIG halibut pellets on the hair with a PVA bag of sticking fish bits, oils, pellets....

Ricky24

Rich
Depending on how big the Lake is, if there is only 4 Catfish in many acres of lake, the chances are you wont catch one, so I wouldn't bother. I would stick to the Carp and maybe spod out a few particles especially Hemp and fish tiger Nut or Boilie on a hair-rig. There is no guarantee when Carp fishing as they are wise with weight and unless the lake is a runs water I wouldn't expect immediate reaction from the Carp and there is no special way of getting lots of runs from a place that's no teaming with them, unless it is and in that case expect lots of action.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
also, if you use a fishmeal boilie, the cat fish will also take them, so you never know

flukebox

find em

get em feeding

cast to them

but more importantly just enjoy your limited time there mate in beautiful surroundings

going fishing isn't all about catching fish lol (Howard moon)

pole manic

thanks for the replies, the lake isnt that big but it is deep. Ive been told by the owners that the last 2 catfish caught came to prawn and maggot

Status
Not open for further replies.