Advanced Notice of Disruption

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just to let everyone know at some point this week we will be moving the website over to its new server.

It's a big move, the groundwork has already been completed, so all being well it should go smoothly.

However, a couple of points, the anticipated time to complete the move is about four hours and in order to complete it I will need to close the website down.
(You will have to find something else to do during this time :) )

As part of the move I also need to change the DNS over for the website domains so they point to the new server. Once the buttons are pressed the actual time this will take is out of our control however in tests we've managed to effect the change within an hour or so.

If you cannot get onto the website, please be patient.
If your host has cached the old server files, etc, we cannot do anything about it, your host will refresh their cache usually within 24hours.

Please do not inundate our emails, FB and Twitter accounts with messages saying you can't get onto the website :)

Once the move is completed there might be the odd bit of tweaking to do but I'll let you know.

If we do lose you along the way, not likely though, please email the following address: maggotdrowning3@gmail.com as this address will be unaffected by the move.

See you all on the other side :waving:

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
It's a big move, the groundwork has already been completed, so all being well it should go smoothly.
I've seen this said in advance of so many server moves, including several I had the misfortune to be involved with. In some alternative reality, I may actually believe it! ;) :LOL:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've seen this said in advance of so many server moves, including several I had the misfortune to be involved with. In some alternative reality, I may actually believe it! ;) :LOL:
Sam, a good few years ago a previous hosting company we used, unknown to us decided to relocate the MD's server. It meant they unplugged it loaded it into van, drove it down to London and promptly dropped it unloading the van!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Needless to say we weren't impressed. :eek: :eek:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I remember the phone call well :)

We got a new upgraded server out of them though ;)

Total

Site Supporter
See you on the other side...:hello:.....In advance, Thank you (and all) for your hard work.(y)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
FOUR HOURS!!!! What are we supposed to do for FOUR HOURS. It’s an absolute disaster. We might have to do FOUR HOURS of real life. How will we all cope.

Go fishing?

I will be counting the Clothes Pegs stock ready for the last minute Christmas rush.

pies

Site Supporter
Wint be happening, Dave will lose the server before too long ?