ADVANCE NOTICE Malc Doyle 2003 Summer Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

AT LAST ALL VENUES ARE NOW BOOKED

Following on from the success of the 2002 series i can now announce the formatt for the 2003 Series.

A few changes are being implemented this time around which will hopefully meet with everyone's approval.

There will be 5 matches ( best 4 to count ) and they will be run on a points basis via sections.

Each match will be made up of 4 x 5 peg sections with each section winner getting 1 point and then points going up to 5 points for last in section or DNF.

The overall winner will be with the lowest points, in the event of a tie a count back on section wins and then weight will be used.

As every venue states a 2 Keepnet policy a seperate silverfish series will also be run along side the normal matches.

This will be run along the following lines:
Any carp under 1lb as well as all non carp will be kept in 1 keepnet and weighed seperatly.
This will be added to your total silverfish weight but will also be added to your carp weight for that match.

Dates----Venues----Times

Saturday May 24th Tunnel Barn Farm (Warwickshire)(top pool)
Draw 1pm Fish 2pm till 7pm

Saturday June 14th Moorlands Farm (Worcester)(moors )
Draw 2pm Fish 3pm till 8pm

Saturday July 19th Tingrith (Bedfordshire)(cherry)

Saturday August 23rd Woodland View (Worcester)(arles)
Draw 2pm Fish 3pm till 8pm

Saturday September 13th Holly Farm (Leicestershire)(trotters)

To enter the 2003 Series i will need to recieve a payment of 30 which will be to cover the cost of peg fees for all the matches.(peg fees vary between 5 and 7 )
Entry into the series will be on a first come first served basis as only 20 pegs are availible.

Pools at each match will be as follows :

3 section pool paying 15 to each 5 peg section winner
5 main pool paying top 3 as follows 1st 50..2nd 30..3rd 20
2 winners pool which will be rolled over and payed out to the final winners of the series.

To secure entry please forward 30 payment (cheque/postal-order or cash) to

Mr Malcolm Doyle
51 Norman Road
Newbold-On-Avon
Rugby, Warwickshire
CV21 1DP

I will either E-Mail or send a letter to confirm receipt and entry into the series along with full venue rules and directions.

So far we have a Rod donated by Woodlands View and as and when more sponsorship is forth coming i will notify everybody.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Last edited:

Polepot

Poles
Got to be first at some thing my cheque is on its way

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

scott essery

'Silver man'
Eh malc

recon we can catch some fish this time [;)]

thanks for organising it again mate and if its half as good as the last one, its going to be FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Im looking forward to seeing you guys again so roll on 24th May!!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
Malc cheque for me and Ant (60 0n it's way ) even though he may not be able to fish them all due to DJ commitments

churt

churt

23/06/02 - 25/02/04
In Memoriam
PS Got to echo Scott's sentiments!! Lots of driving,missed the Offy now-and-again, got my first speeding ticket (in 22 years of driving)but wouldn't miss it for the world !!!!! Speak soon .......

churt

kev coke

Well count me in got to defend my title
I think the other coke heads will be there as well lots of changes for next year which i think will make it fairer and more interesting
I might even run a betting list if everyone is interested.
And well done malc for kicking off the 2003 series the same way you left off in 2002 excellent organisation and fully informed.
Bring on tunnel barn on the 24th of May.

Dave Moore

Paste King
Malc

Yorkies should be up for it...

120 will be in the post by return...

Thanks for doing the spade work once more...

Speak soon...

Dave

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

Cheque will be in the post tonight.

Looking forward to the series although cannot make the 23rd August due to holiday.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

MALC

Cheers everybody for the speedy replies [:)][:)]

Shows to me that you all enjoyed yourselfs last time around and don't mind the odd mishap.[;)][;)]

Hopefully 2003 will be just as much fun and the fish will play ball abit more than before.

But regardless of whether the fish fill our nets or not i know if the craick is half of what it was last time around it'll be great fun.

MALC

kev coke

The cheque is in the post malc for myself , vic and keith so count us in
kev

matt

Hi Malc, my cheques in the post and looking forward to meeting you all at tunnel barn, see you then[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Matt
[img]https://www.maggotdrowning.com/smilies/drink.gif[/img]

MALC

Well what can i say about the response to the 2003 Series other than it's been great so far i have received 21 definite replies from you all that want to fish and thats only 6 days since i posted the details.[:D][:D]

Cheques have been arriving this week (wont mention the CokeHeads[;)])

So as you can see the 20 pegs booked originaly are now filled and i've spoken to the fisheries and can now offer 25 pegs at each so if anyone who was thinking of joining still wants to just contact me as in the first post.

Cheers one and all

Roll on May

MALC

kev coke

OK OK so i forgot to sign the cheque its a new thing for a scouser to sign a cheque with his name instead of somebody elses name on it
LOL
kev

MALC

So far i've received payment from 11 people with another 3 (maybe more) paying on Sunday at my club match.

MALC

MALC

It gets better.....

As of this moment (5.15pm 12/11/02) we now have 17 payed up and waiting for May.

And a little birdie tells me the YORKIES have a little something planned already.

So i might just have to have a little flutter on a Yorkie or 4..!!

MALC

kev coke

And a little birdie tells me the YORKIES have a little something planned already.

So i might just have to have a little flutter on a Yorkie or 4..!!

Let them bring it on
The COKE HEADS are ready and waiting [:D][8D][8D][:D]

KEV

jimbo

Chaps

The only thing the Yorkies have up their sleeves are their arms [:eek:)], Kev my moneys on you dont let me down now [:D]

The only thing the Yorkies are gonna win is the amount of mileage anybody does for the series.

Have i put us Yorkies down enough yet? Now the only way is up.[:)]

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.