Adjustable Elastic Pulla Bung system for Drennan Acolyte 8m Pro Whip

Moleyme

Advice sought for best way to adjust elastic when playing and espcially netting bonus fish on Drennan Pro Whip. Currently have No2 fitted with Drennan Aqua 4-6 and have landed carp to 6lb but not a comfortable experience with excess elastic when fish gets close in and powers off towards margin snags after shipping down to No3 as all I can then do is add back on extra sections to alter angle of attack. As I see it my options are to either get a Preston Side Pulla bung fitted professionally with protective carbon wraps to No 2 or No 3, or cut a Drennan Polemaster Pull bung tapered cone back until it fits inside No2 (or No 3 ?). Has anyone out there successfully fitted either of these options to this slimline whip ? Wondering if these would atually work in this whip as No3 is approx 13mm ID maximum and No 2 is approx 6.5mm ID maximum. So far only targetting Silvers with max 4lb rig line and 2-3 lb bottoms but would be interested to know what is the max size elastic I could safely use with this whip if I wanted to step up my rig a little. PS i dont have a proper Pole so just wondering what this lovely lightweight really slim Whip could handle if pushed !

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
You can just cut a Drennan puller bung to fit the end of the number 3 in the telescopic sections if you are careful, the section sits on the last ring of the part you can cut.
As far as elastic the heaviest I have used is 8/10 slik hybrid in mine