Additional Feeder Rod

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Currently doing my normal research before purchasing. In the market for an additional feeder rod. Currently own 2 Preston Supera rods at 10ft and 11.6ft, also have an Acolyte 12ft plus rod. Looking for a 10.6ft or 11ft feeder rod. Recently sold Daiwa Commercial 10.6ft plus so this is to replace that.

The contenders at the moment, (these are what i can get from my local tackle shop so only these will be considered, like to support the shop, any issues they sort straight away)

Free Spirit CTX and Hi s range of rods, i would have both in a cork handle, Hi s is the favorite at the moment, good feedback from anglers in my club.
Daiwa Tournament Pro 11ft , may even consider the 10/11ft combo
A rod that impressed me in the tackle shop the other day was the Middy Reactocore 10.6ft XZ feeder rod. Any members that have this rod in particular feedback would be appreciated. Need to know if it will handle the bigger Carp.

Rod will need to hit 50/60 turns on my Centris 5000 reel with 30/40 gram feeders. Think all the rods should be capable of that.

I fully appreciate that we all have opinions which the best, looking for genuine feedback on the above rods if any members have used or own any of them, most of my fishing is based around commercials, fish mainly at Meadowlands, Barston Lakes and Packington, all venues have big Carp, F1s and Skimmers so allround rod feeder rod is what i will be after. The 11.6ft Supera and 12ft Acolyte i use for the longer chucks,

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Corn master Thanks for the link, watched that and the match fishing video. Very impressed looking at the rod in the shop. Couldn't see much difference between that and the Free Spirit myself. Have you used one yourself?

SteveAmo

The Free Spirit 11 foot CTX Carp Feeder is a lovely rod especially if you are targeting carp on commercials.

You should get one for around £110.

Hope that helps.

david07

Site Supporter
Currently doing my normal research before purchasing. In the market for an additional feeder rod. Currently own 2 Preston Supera rods at 10ft and 11.6ft, also have an Acolyte 12ft plus rod. Looking for a 10.6ft or 11ft feeder rod. Recently sold Daiwa Commercial 10.6ft plus so this is to replace that.

The contenders at the moment, (these are what i can get from my local tackle shop so only these will be considered, like to support the shop, any issues they sort straight away)

Free Spirit CTX and Hi s range of rods, i would have both in a cork handle, Hi s is the favorite at the moment, good feedback from anglers in my club.
A rod that impressed me in the tackle shop the other day was the Middy Reactocore 10.6ft XZ feeder rod. Any members that have this rod in particular feedback would be appreciated. Need to know if it will handle the bigger Carp.

Rod will need to hit 50/60 turns on my Centris 5000 reel with 30/40 gram feeders. Think all the rods should be capable of that.

I fully appreciate that we all have opinions which the best, looking for genuine feedback on the above rods if any members have used or own any of them, most of my fishing is based around commercials, fish mainly at Meadowlands, Barston Lakes and Packington, all venues have big Carp, F1s and Skimmers so allround rod feeder rod is what i will be after. The 11.6ft Supera and 12ft Acolyte i use for the longer chucks,

Hi mate, I've got the Reactorcore and have been using it for about 3 months. I've had carp to 8 or 9 pounds on it without any problems in amongst big bags of F1s in the 1 to 3 pound bracket. I think that the rod is ideal for this kind of mixed fishing. However, if I was just fishing for a bigger stamp of fish I'd prefer something with a bit more "grunt"! As for casting weight and distance I personally think it "tops out" with something like 32g hybrid feeder. This is what I use for longish (36m) chucks to an island. However, it will put a 25g kobra an easy 45m.

Overall, I really like it. It casts very accurately, very few hook pulls with the F1s and I've used hooklengths from 0.14 to 0.20 and hooks from a 20 to a 12 with no problem.

It's a lovely rod to play fish on and for what I use it for, worth every penny.

Hope this helps.

Regards

David

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
Another rod that you should consider, is the frenzee precision 11ft feeder rod,, I have this rod,, and it is well capable of handling decent carp, it’s just over £100

Corn Master

Corn master Thanks for the link, watched that and the match fishing video. Very impressed looking at the rod in the shop. Couldn't see much difference between that and the Free Spirit myself. Have you used one yourself?
Nah had a look at Middy HQ tho. Would love one but I think I'm gonna go for one of the new 5g ones. Especially if they bring out a new version of the snake lake feeder. Got 5 of the 4g rods and love them plus the new'ish Arcotech feeder. I love fishing 20g feeders and sometimes won't even take a pole

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter

Which do you pick up first,, the supera or the acolyte?