Add on piece of equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack lines

Coconut clubber
I've been asked to find out what add-on piece of equipment would make life easier for disabled angler? This would not be something big with an engine, as it would not be viable for the company to look into, but they are VERY interested in hearing what we as disabled anglers need.[8D][:D]
Possible ideas wheelchair attachment, seatbox attachment etc.....
If you have ANY ideas, please let me know[:D]

kleinboet

Ian, What disability/ies are you thinking of? There are too many different disabilities to have something for all!

midge99

How about a trailer that will fit onto the back of a disabled scooter. I use mine to get to my peg on venues where a walk is required. I can get the stuff on there at the moment, box on the back of the seat, carryall on the footplate between my legs, nets on top of the box and the holdall over my shoulder but it is uncomfortable and can be auquard at times.
There is somewhere it would attach to at the back but I don't know if this is a standard size on all scooters.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Actually Midge I seem to remember an article in the Angling Times a little while ago about a company that has turned a scooter into a tackle carrying one by, I think, removing a rear seat or somthing and replacing it with a load carrying area, especially for tackle. I can't remember the companys name but if you get in touch with AT I'm sure they'll supply you with the info.

I'm sure it's not that much more expensive than the normal ones.

midge99

Yes they are Bluey, 7,000 for the 2 seaters i was looking at one a few months back. Mine was 2,800 about 6 years ago, the biggest problem would be transporting it, but I can always get a trailer.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
EEEEKKKK!!!! 7000!!!! [:0][:0][:0][:0] Good grief didn't think they were that much, you could get a damm good car for that much. I only paid a third of that for mine and I've had loads of use and fun with it and many more years yet to come.

We used to have a trailer manufacturer here in Northampton, they used to do std trailers and also one offs specials, and from what I remember they were quite reasonable too. I'll have a look and see if they're still around, the were down by the Avon factory in Nunn Mills road but had to move out when the area was threatened with redevelopment.

Status
Not open for further replies.