Adam Richards - Carp and F1s on hard pellets - The Oaks Lakes

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I have to say that I don't agree with oiling feed pellets. I am fairly sure that it has been shown that the high oil content of trout pellets is bad for coarse fish. Thus a low oil pellet is sold for feeding carp and the like.

And re breakdown of Skrettings. The following picture shows 2mm pellets after 22 hours in water. They were in the same condition when thrown away four hours later. I would expect them to be eaten long before reaching this length of time in the water.

IMG_20201231_095534103.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201231_095540878.jpg
    IMG_20201231_095540878.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Just a sprinkling of oil, rubbed through the pellets to coat them, is done to help them break surface tension better, and slow down breakdown ,it Doesn’t turn them into a High oil content pellet..

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think the issue with Trout pellets is more to do with the type of oil they use, ie fish oils.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Interesting that he talks of using a rig multiple times.
If you use a rig and catch plenty of fish on it, why change it for a new rig that may fail on the first fish you hook?

The knots and strength have been tested, the hook length will be the weak link and as long as a fish hasn't gone through a snag or under a platform it should be fine. I'm happy to use the same rig and hook length multiple times until it fails, the hook goes blunt or I see a weakness in it.

Yes, like Adam I'm a tight northerner :ROFLMAO: