Acton bridge ,river weaver

Pigmeal

Fished there today ,really enjoyed it only small fish .anyone give advice for this venue

Ivan heaphurst

The pegs are a bit iffy at present but I hear that Winsford have a program of making the stretch a match length which would of course mean many more swims. I have fished a father boat Moorings. This fine unless a boat wants to park up. I have found the ri refilling f fish including decent Bream.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
On the Leigh arms side of the river, a lot of the bank is reseved for The Grange School rowing club, and anglers are not welcomed, even though according to a mate its in the canal and rivers trusts wanderers ticket. He fished there one day last week and was asked to move away from the Rowing clubs section.

Andygw

Site Supporter
Was planning to go have a look at the stretch tomorrow, what time are you going, maybe I could come and get some info if that would be OK ?

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Cheers , my mate is going tomorrow morning, just wondered how it was fishing.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
He fished a peg close to the bridge, said he weighed in 10lb 2oz of small perch and roach to 6oz
And yes he got a proper soaking :jump:

Stevies

The pegs are a bit iffy at present but I hear that Winsford have a program of making the stretch a match length which would of course mean many more swims. I have fished a father boat Moorings. This fine unless a boat wants to park up. I have found the ri refilling f fish including decent Bream.
Hi Ivan i am the match secretary of W.D.A.A. your quite right about acton bridge length of the weaver the working parties to make new pegs was all ready to go then covid hit and since work means quite a few lads being together we just have not been able to get down there up to yet. Hopefully if and when this horror time is over work will commence because its a cracking length of water just needs some tlc. Just to remind anyone fishing there this is a members only water and parking only in the designated car park please do not park on the lane its needed for access to Dutton island houses

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Hi Ivan i am the match secretary of W.D.A.A. your quite right about acton bridge length of the weaver the working parties to make new pegs was all ready to go then covid hit and since work means quite a few lads being together we just have not been able to get down there up to yet. Hopefully if and when this horror time is over work will commence because its a cracking length of water just needs some tlc. Just to remind anyone fishing there this is a members only water and parking only in the designated car park please do not park on the lane its needed for access to Dutton island houses
Do they still run the Saturday opens at Hartford, Steve? (I realise they were run by Northwich AA). Wouldn't fancy climbing that hill with a trolley full of gear these days!