Acolyte Ultra Joints / Ferrules

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Can anyone please tell me whether the Acolyte Ultra has a spigot on the male ferrules, or whether the joints are the "overlap" type?

My old Daiwa Conny Z had spigot joints, and I much prefer these to the overlap type on the Normark Titan 3000.

Otherwise, I'm thinking of getting the Ultra 13' for my roach fishing, as it seems to have one or two fans.

Thanks.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Too technical terminology for me but the butt inserts into the mid section which inserts into the tip section if that makes sense? Perfect roach rod though that’s for sure absolutely love mine for roach, dace, perch, chublet etc

MarkW

The only rods of recent times with spigot joints have been some of the better Daiwa rods.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Can anyone please tell me whether the Acolyte Ultra has a spigot on the male ferrules, or whether the joints are the "overlap" type?

They are overfit joints, definitely not spigots. As Mark W suggests, spigot joints are largely a thing of the past for most brands other than Daiwa. Even then, not all Daiwa rods have spigot joints. Shimano occasionally do what may be pseudo-spigot joints. the male section is ground and left unfinished and matt with a whipped band that gives the impression of it being a spigot. Whether it really is a proper spigot is difficult to be certain.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Thanks everybody for your replies.
The main reason why I like the spigot joint is that it just looks neater, the taper towards the tip is continuous.
But if it's a nice light roach rod, I guess that doesn't matter. (y)

davepellet

Can’t remember the last drennan rod I saw with spigots... personally i don’t like them as they cause a flat spot on the blank