abu garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.

pez

i am fairly new to fishing and want to try river fishing.
i have been given a 11'6 carp feeder rod with 3 quiver tips, i was wondering if i could ledger with this for chub and barbel on the loddon or kennet. Could you recomend a good all round river rod (about 100)and reel(40).
also for trotting is a centre pin much better.cheers

big stoo

hello
my suggestion would be to look at chapmans anglings website, i think they do a rod and reel set for about 70, it's a masterline john wilson avon quiver system. The rod you've got should do the job though.
http://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/acatalog/Masterline_Speciality_Rods.html
could't find the offer online that i saw in their cataloge.
everyone on here has their own opinions, and if you want to buy a seperate reel, shimano are best, the ones with fighting drag are good and easy to use, should be able to pick one up for around 40 if you shop around
hope this helps

john83

Account Locked
if they are smallish rivers you are fishing then the rod will probably be ok.

neneangling

Mate the rod you have will be fine, i use a carp feeder rod for rivers and it does fine, you dont need an avon rod for the time being. Centrepins are great, bought an okuma aventa last year and love using it BUT its not at all necessary, its just a totally different type of fishing. If you havent got one already get a 13 or 15 foot float rod and a reel with 3 and 6 pound line and you are set for both float and feeder/lead fishing. Later on if you take to it you can look into avon/barbel rods but they really arent necessary.

Regards
Graham

pez

cheers. thanks for info every one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.