abu conolon amazing rod

bees_1987

i have jus recieve my conolon premier 13ft match rod 2 days late :( but i am very pleased with it... it has a soft tip soft enought for roach and other small ones which i wonted and is spot on for tht light lines! it has a main line rating of 1.5lb to 6lb but has lots of power through the middle and would cope with a 6lb easy and probly land carp reaching doulbes is played carefully. the handle has pva/sponge hand grip at the bottomvery hany when casting.. the main part of the handle is made of cock and the reel seat is made of carbon and leather looks good and feels good reeks of quality.. when a reel is in place and screwed in thier is no move movement at all and the reel sits in perfect i tryed this with a big and small reel no problem both fitted in like a glove. the atual rod its self is very well made has a very good vanish finish and all the guildes are made of a high qualitly. the action it self is very forgiving at the tip but with bags of power through the middle a great all-round even better for roach/skimmer fishing...i got mine from www.wmac.co.uk and for only 70 quid! the cheapest ave seen it elsewere is 120 and the rrp is 160.... wel worth the money brilliant rod should cost a lot more!!!!

lurkio

A little dab'll do
quote:Originally posted by bees_1987

the main part of the handle is made of cock and the reel seat is made of carbon and leather

Bl00dy hell !!!

Do I NOT want one of those ?!? [:0] [:D]

"Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous".

"Never give a sucker an even break..."

Last edited:

joe carass

they are brilliant rods, my dad has a 14ft version and its absolutely spot on. imo ABU make the best rods. he also has the 12ft multi/method(think its called that) and that beautiful to.

Garbolino ossett

Last edited by a moderator:

josh44

Fish-ing.
No offence but if you have only just recived it, how do you know its good?

josh

bees_1987

well i have used it a fews times and can truely say it is all i have cracked it up to be and probly better

petert

I have one of the first Abu Suveran 13ft and they are also for 1.5lb to 6lb and I have had carp up to 15lb using one of the DAM Quick closed face reels which people think are useless but as I an left handed I can't use any of the Abu closed reels.

Larry

Lazarus
I used to have an Abu Conlon 10 ft specimen rod that was great rod as well.Unfortunatly some little thieving scroat that came talking to me while i was fishing clubs pool and had it away while i wasn't looking.

Last edited: