ABU 506M Anti-reverse pawl removal.

Truly

Site Supporter
I haven't yet summoned up the courage to try removing the pawl :oops:
Getting there (y) erm, maybe :rolleyes:.

Truly

Site Supporter
If you cover the postage, I'll do it for you! I actually redid that video 3 times in the end, because of lighting, battery running out, etc. I feel I could do it in my sleep.
Thank you Adrian, that's a kind offer. I will PM you.

The_Saint

there is a switch on the back of the 602m reel for anti reverse, but like most oldish reels, it can be sticky if trying to release it when a fish is trying to move away, thus the easier solution is to remove it.

Truly

Site Supporter
If you cover the postage, I'll do it for you! I actually redid that video 3 times in the end, because of lighting, battery running out, etc. I feel I could do it in my sleep.
Thank you very much to our member @adriang. (y) (y)
My reel has just arrived back from Adrian, pawl removed, fully stripped, serviced and running like new.
River level is dropping nicely, so now need to get out with it before the season ends.
Thank you Adrian.(y)

Deejay8

Site Supporter
Thank you very much to our member @adriang. (y) (y)
My reel has just arrived back from Adrian, pawl removed, fully stripped, serviced and running like new.
River level is dropping nicely, so now need to get out with it before the season ends.
Thank you Adrian.(y)
It's members helping each other out like this, that makes this such a great forum. Well done Adrian.