Absolutely astounding coincidence.

MarkV

aka Tigerbay
Site Supporter
Ok, i'm sitting at home still shocked by the coincidence that has happended to me just a short while ago, perhaps half an hour now.

I should probably wait a while and allow my brain to process things before writing anything but here goes anyway.

I can only put this down to coincidence, but what a whopper.

This is what happened....

I have just been to my local Sainsburys, or more precisely a small Argos within Sainsburys to collect a TV bought via click and collect online this afternoon.

After parking my car i got out, locked the door and turned to face the store.

At that very second a van pulled up in front of me, the window came down and the words from the drivers mouth were ...

Hey mate would you like to buy a Telly, brand new ??? !!! At that very second.

Now consider this.... this is in the sort of area where you don't get offered any stuff in this way, at least I never have in the 10 years i've lived here, nor has my partner who's been here all her life and witnessed what happened.

In my 60 plus years i've not been offered a telly from a van, or anything else as I can recall, let alone the specific item I was collecting. I could have been buying any number of things from Sainsburys/Argos. And as for the timing of it, well it's mind blowing to me. A coincidence of absolutely cosmic proportions. I cannot imagine a bigger one ever happing to me.

Some things are unexplainable to the rational mind.

As I stood there speechless, looking at the driver all sorts of questions went through my mind as to how he could have known what I was doing in order to co-ordinate the offer, all of which are preposterous.

Hmmmm ???

( Of course I didnt take him up on his offer).

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Does anyone ever think " I haven't seen such and such film for ages" and then it's on the telly a few days later ? Or you've not spoken to someone for ages, and then they call you ? Happens to me sometimes. Coincidences happen .

DFL

Site Supporter
I had a similar incident at Sainsbury's a few years ago, actually it was completely different, I was going into the store for eggs and milk but had been offered some Wharfdale speakers in the car park prior to going in, I bought the eggs and milk.

squimp

Site Supporter
A bloke won several thousand pounds yesterday on ‘Pointless’.

He got 3 pointless answers and two were complete guesses (they were numbers). The chance of guessing one must be very slim, but to get two of two at the same time is infinitesimal.

I know of a professional fishing guide in the USA who gets detailed premonitions every day. He would known that you need a new TV !

stikflote

Site Supporter
I did have a van pull up and ask me if i wanted to buy a mattress ,said he had a extra one and boss told him to sell it cheap