absence for a while

Bobster

Hi people I have not been on much due to health reasons on account of an historic head injury, my driving license was suspended last week but I have needed someone to be with me for over a year, and my mate Mark lifts and lays me what a lucky guy i am to have a friend like this. We fish an hour and twenty mins from home, for 10 years I have had a headache every day but we go fishing I just sit and look around for 3 or 4 hours. we were travelling back up to Scotland from Lindholme lakes last year we sidetracked to Bobco tackle i was overheating Mark says put a pair of shorts on and take your boots off, so we come out of the tackle shop loaded and changed into my shorts and slippers but the shorts were very baggy. We stop at the services i thought Mark was next to me but he was 5 yards behind saying to those who were staring at me it`s ok am his carer lol. He also got me a t/shirt that says Bob Fudd because Bob Nudd is great and I am rubbish and my name is Bob. I am 65 years of age I love fishing the banter is fantastic, and I just want to say Mark you are a hero mate. And finally I am not looking for sympathy, but the people who moan because they are not bagging grow up Also I am going to Lindholme on the 30th of July for a week and have a section for a map margin pole tks it is rated 6-10 if anyone wants it you can have it free never been used it`s the one that does not break down just meet me there. Sorry if it`s the wrong page

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Good evening buddy, I must say, i really admire your spirit and your mate is a great friend. You keep your chin up, you are inspirational.👍👍👍

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Hiya! I know what it's like to have your driving licence suspended. Happened to me courtesy of the DLVA drivers medical group a while back, but got it back after a meeting with the consultants at St Thomas' Hospital Westminster, and a letter from them to Swansea. It does limit me fishing wise to a max of 5 hours only and a radius of about 25 miles from home, but hell - it's so good to be out with rod and line - just glad you can still do it! Hope you get your licence back soon - a bummer without one!

Well done Bobster

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi people I have not been on much due to health reasons on account of an historic head injury, my driving license was suspended last week but I have needed someone to be with me for over a year, and my mate Mark lifts and lays me what a lucky guy i am to have a friend like this. We fish an hour and twenty mins from home, for 10 years I have had a headache every day but we go fishing I just sit and look around for 3 or 4 hours. we were travelling back up to Scotland from Lindholme lakes last year we sidetracked to Bobco tackle i was overheating Mark says put a pair of shorts on and take your boots off, so we come out of the tackle shop loaded and changed into my shorts and slippers but the shorts were very baggy. We stop at the services i thought Mark was next to me but he was 5 yards behind saying to those who were staring at me it`s ok am his carer lol. He also got me a t/shirt that says Bob Fudd because Bob Nudd is great and I am rubbish and my name is Bob. I am 65 years of age I love fishing the banter is fantastic, and I just want to say Mark you are a hero mate. And finally I am not looking for sympathy, but the people who moan because they are not bagging grow up Also I am going to Lindholme on the 30th of July for a week and have a section for a map margin pole tks it is rated 6-10 if anyone wants it you can have it free never been used it`s the one that does not break down just meet me there. Sorry if it`s the wrong page
Welcome back Bob, well done to Mark , hope you are well on the mend . Lovely true inspirational real life experience, well done 👏 .wish you many happy days on the bank and otherwise.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Hiya! I know what it's like to have your driving licence suspended. Happened to me courtesy of the DLVA drivers medical group a while back, but got it back after a meeting with the consultants at St Thomas' Hospital Westminster, and a letter from them to Swansea. It does limit me fishing wise to a max of 5 hours only and a radius of about 25 miles from home, but hell - it's so good to be out with rod and line - just glad you can still do it! Hope you get your licence back soon - a bummer without one!

Well done Bobster
not forgetting Mark. The boss is my carer. I always invite her along but she doesn't like fishing. That's ok I don't like housework and ironing ;)

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
Bob, many people would be jealous that you have a friend like that mate, worth so much more than a driving licence, (although I hope that you get it back) and I wish you both all the best!

Godber

All gone floppy.
Site Supporter
Jesus H!!! A Jock in shorts😳 Well done to Mark👍 good man. Nice post this Bobster.