Abject Terror

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have you ever felt the feeling of abject terror

I did today, gut wrenching, ripped apart terror

went out for a wander with himself this after, along the cliff and back around the harbour, we were going in the pub, but changed our mind due to the amount of people about, they may not still be distancing but we certainly are

got home after a chilly couple of miles, gave the old fella his dinner and sat in the comfy chair, he gets in his bed and falls asleep, musta been close to an hour after, i get up to make a cuppa, waking him up as I do

and he cant get up, hes trying to stand and his legs are giving way and hes falling over, never seen the like with him before, yes hes got a bit of arthuritus and I have to massage his back right leg some morns to get him more mobile, but this was different he couldnt stand or owt

picked him up,got him on the settee and started what I normally do , took some rubbing to get them working and for him to stand, hes seems okay now, Im just hoping it was a reaction to walking out in the cold and maybe he had his legs go to sleep with the way he was laying

frightened the living outta me, was in tears until he shaped up and started being normal again, dont know what I do without him I really thought I was loosing him, he seems okay now, but im watching him

he will be at least 15 come june, could be a year older according to battersea when I adopted him, hes been my constant companion for all those years, dont know what Id do without him

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Sounds like his legs went to sleep Mick, glad he’s moving about better now 👍👍

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Have you ever felt the feeling of abject terror

I did today, gut wrenching, ripped apart terror

went out for a wander with himself this after, along the cliff and back around the harbour, we were going in the pub, but changed our mind due to the amount of people about, they may not still be distancing but we certainly are

got home after a chilly couple of miles, gave the old fella his dinner and sat in the comfy chair, he gets in his bed and falls asleep, musta been close to an hour after, i get up to make a cuppa, waking him up as I do

and he cant get up, hes trying to stand and his legs are giving way and hes falling over, never seen the like with him before, yes hes got a bit of arthuritus and I have to massage his back right leg some morns to get him more mobile, but this was different he couldnt stand or owt

picked him up,got him on the settee and started what I normally do , took some rubbing to get them working and for him to stand, hes seems okay now, Im just hoping it was a reaction to walking out in the cold and maybe he had his legs go to sleep with the way he was laying

frightened the living outta me, was in tears until he shaped up and started being normal again, dont know what I do without him I really thought I was loosing him, he seems okay now, but im watching him

he will be at least 15 come june, could be a year older according to battersea when I adopted him, hes been my constant companion for all those years, dont know what Id do without him
It is very scary ,i had it happen with a dog ,took him for a walk and on the way back he just lay down and wouldnt move ,i sent for my son to pick us up in his car and bring water . I dripped water in his mouth ,it took about 10 minutes for him to move ,then he was ok after for a good few years . I think he over did the running and got dehydrated. I nearly 💩 myself .

Arch

Site Supporter
I lost this fella on a mountain in Scotland once, frightened the living out of me . Friday Tarmachan ridge (18).JPG

Lost him on Kinder scout once as well. Stopped taking him after that. Missus would have killed me if I hadn't brought him back with me.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I don't know if it is still available Mick but me and my dad used to use an oil called cure acher on our whippets and it worked a treat for arthritis. We also used to give them a drop of Sanatogen tonic wine in some beaten egg.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hope your doggy is ok Mick, perhaps he is like us, ageing bones and joints need some warm weather.

Stufish

I had a patterdale very similar to yours and in later years (he lived to sixteen) he suffered from arthritis. One day at my mum's she said try him on these, 75mg aspirin so the next time he 'siezed up' we tried it and the difference was unbelievable. He didn't have them all the time just as needed.

Billy the fish 1954

Try youmove it’s a daily tablet for older dogs worked a treat on our 2, best deals are on EBay recommend by our vet, one or two a day depending on size, hope himself is feeling better, the symptoms described could be an ear infection our molly just got over one, check if ear is red and a bit smelly, she had antibiotics and drops