Aaaaaaarrrrgh.... bloody wimmin...!!!

Wrongfoot

[...] my best chefs/butchers knives left in a bowl not cleaned wiped and put back in the block... oh no...!!! jeez [...]
I hear you on the knives. My partner always comments how lovely it is that I keep them sharp, compared to almost any other places she goes. She's incapable of even using a steel herself, I gave up asking her not to put them through the dishwasher, sold the ones with lovely handles and got a set of Victorinox Fibrox handled knives. They hold an edge well and can go in the dishwasher, but she still insists on putting them in the knife tray blade edge down so the drying program occasionally corrodes a nick out the edge when a hanging droplet evaporates to a point during the drying cycle (less so when I changed the detergent tablets). :machinegun:

Then there's my dad using my Sorby dovetail chisels to cut through nails or as a mastic scraper. Then leaving them caked to corrode! I've a box with wrecker chisels labelled up, but he just said "those ones were nice and sharp"... :machinegun:

On the other hand, elsewhere, I leave stuff on every horizontal surface in the house... :p

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
They use knives here to open tinned goods! have had words more than bloody once as we have the dullest knives known to man! cant even cut a boiled egg!!!!! AND we have a bloody tin opener!

Same as the hoover, most people here use a broom to sweep up...............she sweeps up and then hoovers!!!! bloody bonkers lol

BaldiMug

I can just the same post of a women's make up forum, about bloody blokes;

" what is it wiv blokes - they have rods here and reels over there, also buying new stuff before the old is broke, don't even get me started on bait!!
There's boilies, popups and wafters (what that about, they all look the s*dding same) also don't get me started on the amount of different groundbaits he has - it's only breadcrumbs FFS!!"

just saying, and yes I do use balm after shaving, before the aftershave.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I can just the same post of a women's make up forum, about bloody blokes;

" what is it wiv blokes - they have rods here and reels over there, also buying new stuff before the old is broke, don't even get me started on bait!!
There's boilies, popups and wafters (what that about, they all look the s*dding same) also don't get me started on the amount of different groundbaits he has - it's only breadcrumbs FFS!!"

just saying, and yes I do use balm after shaving, before the aftershave.
My lass had horses... theres 2 saddles in the loft 2 boxes of Rugs in the garden a stack of Rubber stable mats out there too... she dare not say a bloody word about my fishing stuff... If I brought up 22 years of 2 horse livery, short feed, hay and bedding, wormers and the thousands in vets fees there'd be a serious woundin' in da house...

I've spent considerably less on my fishing and my bikes

Griffo

Site Supporter
My lass had horses... theres 2 saddles in the loft 2 boxes of Rugs in the garden a stack of Rubber stable mats out there too... she dare not say a bloody word about my fishing stuff... If I brought up 22 years of 2 horse livery, short feed, hay and bedding, wormers and the thousands in vets fees there'd be a serious woundin' in da house...

I've spent considerably less on my fishing and my bikes
And that's what's called status que (not the band),

I on the other hand have a wife that doesn't have hobbies that eat or cost a lot, thankfully last horse threw her about 20 years ago and put her off,
and if that conversation ever comes around about my fishing and bike spend over the last 30 years, I'm going to be poop out of luck.:oops:

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
lol she will only go swimming at night Yosemite and even during the day she avoids the sun at all costs............think she is a bloody vampire!
Make sure you have some garlic and a cross in your pocket at all times then.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
We have a horse. I say we , she has a horse. He’s got more coats than the biggest coat shop. But I cannot say too much as I have 7 cows and counting. As for fishing gear, my stuff is put away reasonably tidely, but if a happen to purchase something new , it can slot in with all the rest and not be noticed.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
lol a filipina is way worse, 20+ different skin whitening products - cream, serum, moisturiser, soap, scrub, pads, **** knows what else!

its the one thing i hate here, all want to be bloody whiter than casper!
Gingert76, are you in Luton?

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
lol and a 20hr flight as the shortest option though im being sent to the US next months at some point for at least 6 week and thats 23 to 30hrs flying and min 2 stops lol :( :rolleyes: :eek:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
1656532927956.png

The Landlord

Site Supporter
That one of mine has only gone & thrown out the deep fat fryer (She doesn't like the smell).
Now I can't have proper chips & I can't stand oven chips.
Yours
Fewmin' of Wirral