A0 or A1 Printer/Plotter

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
In my job as a Project Manager I have to print out Project Plans for use by my team and for the customer's information.

I'm working on a project at the moment that has 9 people and lasts for about 6 months.

Printing the plan on A4 paper now uses 16 sheets, which I then have to sellotape together so that we can see the whole plan.

I've got the OK from my boss to spend a few quid on a second-hand A0 or A1 capable printer/plotter, either colour or black & white.

I've had a look at a coupe of the auction sites but haven't found anything suitable for the job and/or my budget yet.

Anybody know of one going spare anywhere?

Thanks

AlanP

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
For your needs, it might be simpler and more cost effective to job those out to a print shop. If you provide them with the project plan on CD, simple enough for them to print it to a suitable machine and should be cheap enough. Maybe even figure out what device they would be using and send a print job to a file already formatted for that device. Then CD or electronic transmission of the file and they can just print it for you.

If you think you will have an ongoing need, a plotter using paper from a roll will probably suit you better since it can do a wider variety of print jobs than any normal printer.

I just did a Google search for used plotters uk and found quite a few sites offering them.

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:If you think you will have an ongoing need, a plotter using paper from a roll will probably suit you better since it can do a wider variety of print jobs than any normal printer.

I'd go along with that Newt

Dave

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Newt/Dave

We've made a few enquiries on the print-shop front and our local place is quoting 50 for an A0 and 35 for an A1.

As I need to update and re-print at least once a week that will not work out sensibly in the long-run.

I'll keep an eye on E-Bay etc.

AlanP

Last edited:

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
quote:Originally posted by AlanP

We've made a few enquiries on the print-shop front and our local place is quoting 50 for an A0 and 35 for an A1.
Ouch. That is beyond moderately horrible. Right up there into robbery unless they can't do anything other than super hi res production stuff.

I don't blame you a bit for looking for a machine.

We have a couple of franchise operations (Kinkos, Mail Boxes Etc.) that have filled a needed niche. Not any sort of print shop at all but they do keep high-end printers, colour copiers, etc. and can do this sort of thing at a reasonable price. Not sure if there are any such in the UK or more specifically, any near you though.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.