A whole week no fishing...

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
With the amount of rain we are having in the south west the river will be out for another week, I'll probably get on our club pond to try and catch some skimmers on Monday, I've tied enough hooks to last a while cleaned the kit organised things. Keep looking at drills and groundbait whisk and wondering if I really need them. Do you use a drill for groundbait ?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I suppose it may be useful if you're mixing massive amounts in big buckets. I've never bothered though because I never take much more than a bait box full.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Another item to carry, and how much G/B do you mix in a session?

Fugley-fisher

Site Supporter
In the summer I tend to loose feed, slow water but deep 10-14ft, but this winter loose feed has not got them going I've had to put a few orange size balls in and top up every 3-6 fish depending how it's going, so I'm making up a kilo or two each river session (expensive)

Nicky Dodds

I use a drill and whisk and it goes to my peg should I need it. Sometimes my peg might require two different mixes.
Yes it's extra weight but my groundbait is perfect every time. It's a big enough time saver before a match to take it all the time. If I'm pleasure fishing I'll try leave it at home or in the van.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Definitely worth having a whisk, wouldn’t like to be without mine, the Nu Fish one is worth a look, well made and stainless steel, so will never rust.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I never bother with a whisk and drill. The amount of groundbait I mix doesn't warrant it.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I haven't fished since April this year, due toa shoulder pain, followed by an op. :-(