a welcome in the hillside,,,,,,,NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

piroflip

Hi guys
Has anyone else ever turned up at a day ticket water to find it festooned with DO NOT do this or you MUST do that signs. This happened to me recently when I arrived to suss out Heskin Old Hall Farm fisheries in Lancashire. Although I never met anyone (angler or owners) as I looked around with my fishing buddy I couldn't help feeling intimidated and in fact after finding several other nearby waters I will not be going back. Whilst fully realising the need for posted rules I don't see the sense in this way over the top approach. The chief culprit was a large sign warning that everyone must have their own landing net. Fine, I hear you say but is it really necessary to repeat the sign every three feet all around the payment hut? The only warning sign that was missing was "no fishing allowed" but judging by the long as your arm list of bait and method bans this won't be long in following. Small wonder that the three waters were devoid of a single angler.
Well, H.O.H.F.F., I shall be taking my fiver elsewhere.

Last edited:

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Theres a lake in Bristol Piro with exactly the same situation rules everywhere. But then if the people who look after it get something on the ban list on the cheap the ban is lifted while they are selling it and you can only use theirs and then the ban is banged straight back on when their supply dries up.

Heskin i have fished there twice and dont find the rules intimidating at all but thats my view not yours. which pool did you fish No. 2 is the best one the carp jump[ onto your hook in that pool

piroflip

hi R/B
As I said in my post I just went to suss it out.
Didn't fish and never will but glad that you enjoyed yourself.

regards piroflip

Status
Not open for further replies.