A trip to the Dentist

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you love them or loathe them?

Me? I am not phased by much in life, can take the rough with the smooth, been around the block several times, seen and done so many things, but the one thing that puts the FoG in me is a trip to the Dentist :eek:

This afternoon I had an appointment, the first in two years, the missus made me it after I broke a front tooth and tbh it needed doing.
I dreaded the visit, most of the afternoon I could think of little else, but finally got home, showered, walked round to them and sat in The Chair of Doom

Tbh, my missus did me a favour although it might not have felt like it at the time, and a new female dentist who all told did a very good job and was very professional about it, she even booked me in for two more filling replacements next week :crybaby2:

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Feel your pain buddy, I hate dentists but for the last couple of years I have not been able to afford one :(

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I dont really mind them. I had an angiogram today and would gladly pay the dentist six visits before going for another one.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I used to hate them,throwback to visits to the school dentist,don't need one now,full dentures.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
As my missus said, "it's a toss up which is going to fall out first - your hair or your teeth" :eek: :D

DFL

Site Supporter
I dont really mind them. I had an angiogram today and would gladly pay the dentist six visits before going for another one.

I too have had an angiogram, believe it or not I found that less of an ordeal than a dental trip.

I hope like my angiogram yours found nothing seriously wrong.

John Step

Site Supporter
Man up you lot. The pain is mostly imagined nowadays due to the efficient anaesthetics.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
The lecturing they give you is a bit awkward but can’t say I’m too bothered my the actual dentistry, you are always pretty drugged up if it’s anything major being done.

Neskin

I dont mind going to the dentist, i seem to do alright with my teeth. Ive even still got a baby tooth going strong!

Its a bit uncomfortable and i can see how people would hate it though if theyre having stuff done.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Always used to be scared tishless but I’m now 70 and after the events of the last few years, nothing scares me! I was at the dentist yesterday when the beautiful vision of Spanish womanhood informs me that I need a ‘tiny’ filling. Due to various things they can’t give me the usual injection so she did it without anything! Now, I ain’t big and butch or even close, but away she went very gently, very professionally, job done and I didn’t feel a thing apart from a bit of vibration. A combination of her skill and the high tech tools they have now did the job proper manner!

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Many of you lot won't remember those drills which had cord belt drives whizzing around pullies, and the old dodgy local anaesthetics which only started to work once you'd left the surgery!
It's a doddle now.
I usually don't need the scale & polish, but sometimes treat myself to the attentions of the gorgeous hygienist .
I can't hear what she says, because of the muffler effect of her chest, but hey-ho, I put up with it.